Minor League Game Thread – Week of August 2-8

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Minor League Game Thread – Week of August 2-8

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Graceffo got shelled tonight…4 innings, 8 runs including 3 HRs. Liberatore wasn’t very good either. Not a great night for our top 100 pitchers.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I didn’t realize Davila got promoted to Palm Beach. 5 walks, but no runs allowed. I think he could be the next Tink Hence, who hopefully will be very good.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Looking forward to Hence pitching tonight. Hope he gets promoted.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Not sure Hence will be promoted until he can throw a full starter’s load. He is up to 65 pitches now. In Jupiter, they can watch him very closely.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I was wrong about Hence. He was pulled tonight at exactly 60 pitches with two out in the fourth with the bases empty. Three hits, no walks, six strikeouts.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Hence should not be promoted tô Peoria. He should go straigbt tô Springfield.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I love our boys, but I have been greatly disappointed with Libby here in 2022. I just don’t think he’ll ever be an Ace for any ML team. Right now I hope that one day he’ll be a decent starter…….”decent” just may be Libby’s ceiling.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Agree Pugs. We like to get over excited about somebody who looks good in A level ball. From AA until now Liberatore has been basically Oviedo all over again, but the hype never diminished. You can’t tell much about a player until they get into the upper tiers.

Mrperkins
    Participant

Free

Libertore did have a much better second half than first half last year. Maybe he will pick up again soon (we can hope)

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

I would be insulted if I was the Peoria pitching coach and was told Hence isnt being promoted they can watch over him better in Jupiter

Lee
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Woodford has done very well in aaa. no reason he should be there. and someone please tell me why the heck is McFarland still on the MLB roster? I guess because if they demote him, then the FO will look silly; but that does not matter, as they already do.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I get your point, CC. So why do you think Hence is still in PN, then?

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Libby isn’t exciting because his results are crazy good. We can never know what the organization has someone working on, so I pretty much throw out AAA results unless they also come with a long line of previous results.

The thing that Liberatore has going for him is that he’s 22 years old and on the verge of the majors. It’s the sort of anti-Woodford, who’s 25 and in his 4th go at Memphis. Of course he should have better results.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Thegreyghost
    Participant

Free

Any chance Wynn could be ready by the second half of 2023 to play shortstop?

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Depends on what you mean by ready. A positive WAR player? Probably. Fully developed? Unlikely.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I agree with CC’s projection.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.