Manager Openings

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Manager Openings

This topic contains 68 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by Brian Walton Brian Walton 16 hours, 25 minutes ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread regarding all the manager’s jobs that are now open. If the Mods think otherwise please feel free to delete this thread.

So far we have the following:

Bruce Bochy – San Francisco

Ned Yost – Kansas City

Joe Maddon – Chicago NL

Brad Ausmus – Anaheim

Clint Hurdle – Pittsburgh

Andy Green – San Diego

Other possible firings:

Gabe Kapler – Philadelphia
    Mickey Callaway – New York NL

—————————————————————————————————-
    RUMORED FAVORITES
    At this point some of the scuttlebutt points to the following possible hirings:

Kansas City – Mike Matheny

Anaheim & San Francisco – Joe Maddon

Chicago NL – PugsleyAddams
    ——————————————————————————————————

Feel free to chime in her posters. So far we have six (6) openings and there could be more.

r/Esteemed Rat

• This topic was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by Ratsbuddy Ratsbuddy.
    gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Brad Ausmus is going to get the Rick Renteria treatment. Manage one year then get canned in favor of Joe Maddon.

bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

If the Rockies struggle the next two years I would not be surprised to see Arenado bolt for Anaheim and join Mike Trout. Maddon could have a nice team by then, assuming he ends up there.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Only if Arte Moreno decides to start spending again. Conveniently, Albert’s contract ends when Arenado can opt out – after the 2011 season. So that could help the Angels’ chances.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pugs, could you give us a tour of the Cubs locker room areas and dugout after you get the job? Also, I would like an autographed baseball signed by your 2020 Opening Day lineup. Also, if you run across any free box seat tickets (nobody wants to be behind one of those posts at Wrigley), we’ll take them and let Brian disburse them for you. Please include free parking with the tickets. Thanks in advance.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

An angry herd of wild black stallions couldn’t make me take that vacant cubs managerial opening, Mudville. If I did, my first act would be to bring in all of those old cattle urinal troughs from storage that they used to have in the Wrigley restrooms back in the 70’s and put them not only in the stadium restrooms, but also in the cubs clubhouse. I vividly recall those darn things. The first time I saw one, I was only 9 years old. For a little shaver like me, it was quite The eye opener…..about 10 grown men literally touching each other side by side while nonchalantly urinating in this big open trough. I turned right around and walked out and held it until I got home about 5 hours later. Thank God it didn’t go into extra innings.

BlackHillsCard
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

For a little shaver like me, it was quite The eye opener…..about 10 grown men literally touching each other side by side while nonchalantly urinating in this big open trough. I turned right around and walked out and held it until I got home about 5 hours later. Thank God it didn’t go into extra innings.

Back when I used to be NASCAR fan in my teenage year, I had a similar experience. I was just 15 and it was a race at Talladega and it was the most odd thing. This was back in 2000.

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I peed in those kind of troughs many times. Don’t remember where, but I remember doing it. I peed, zipped, walked away, and never thought more of it until now.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

They have “renovated” Wrigley the last few years, but it’s still the biggest dump of a stadium that I’ve been to. The one good thing about being a non-Cubs fan and the terrible restroom situation, is that the Cub fans all go to the very few restrooms right after the Cubs bat, and we go after the visitors bat.

Also, if you’re willing to walk a little less than a mile, there is free parking around me vs $30-$50 close to the stadium. Feel free to reach out and I can advise!

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

How old is Buck Showalter?

And I didn’t realize Maddon was 65 already.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

How old is Buck Showalter?

And I didn’t realize Maddon was 65 already.

Showalter is 63 and yes Merlot Joe is 65.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Mickey Calloway has been fired by the Mets.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

If I was Joe Maddon I believe I would want the Padres job. Seems like that future is pretty bright.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Paid - Annual

MM stay away from the Mets job. As far away as possible. NY is not the place for you.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If I was Joe Maddon I believe I would want the Padres job. Seems like that future is pretty bright.

Their future could potentially be bright because of their farm system but I doubt they will ever be able to have the payroll to sustain it. The Angels with Trout and Ohtani might be better for Maddon since the Angels have a much larger payroll capacity than the Padres. The Angels need to get some pitching though.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

The 2019 Padres (with the savior Machado) finished 22 games under .500 and 36 games behind the Dodgers. 36 games is their largest gap since 2003. They have finished in last place three of the last four seasons, including 2019. They have finished closer than 16 games back just once in the last 12 years and that was way back in 2010.

Maybe all of those prospects will make a difference and maybe not. The Padres are light years behind the Dodgers and so far the gap is still growing. Maddon won’t want to wait three to five years for a chance to win.

Mrperkins
    Mrperkins
    Participant

Free

Pugs in the manager seat. I just want to finally see him in that pink shirt.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I like watching the Angels play late at night. I wont mind pulling for Joe’s team to win one little bit. Maddon managing Pujols. Maybe Albert will have one last renaissance year, say about .315/44/122.

r/Esteemed Rat

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Avatar gscottar.
    Ratsbuddy
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Gabe Kapler has now been fired in Philadelphia.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 69 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years