Lou Brock passes

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Lou Brock passes

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

A very sad day for baseball…

Lou Brock has died at the age of 81. May he rest in peace…

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Participant

Yes, a very sad day. We’ve lost a Cardinal legend.

Participant

Paid - Annual

RIP to one of greatest of all time. I’ll always remember the Looooouuuuuuu chants.

UConn CardUConn Card

Paid - Annual

God this year stinks!!

One of my favorites and such a classy gentleman

Participant

Free

Loved the guy. Great yes great player. RIP champ.

Participant

Paid - Annual

Lou was my first Cardinal hero. As a kid I had some Brock sneakers with the number 118 on the back.

RIP

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

RatsbuddyRatsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I remember they used to play the Shaft theme song when Brock would come up to bat. Listening to Cardinals games on the radio in the late 60s through the 70s was so awesome. And if the Cardinals were on Monday Night Baseball – THAT WAS HUGE!

I might have to replay a 1970s St. Louis Strat-O-Matic season this Fall just so I can manage Lou Brock…….

r/Esteemed Rat

kscardfankscardfan
    Participant

Free

Lou was a Cardinal legend. Lot of great memories.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Participant

Paid - Annual

Lou and Maury Wills made base stealing fashionable. Unfortunately, it’s an art that for the most part has been lost. Bases and hearts…….nobody on this planet stole more of these two than Lou.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sad news. RIP, Lou.

Participant

Paid - Monthly

I will never forget my first in person Cardinal game. The excitement and anticipation of the crowd when Brock got on first base was incredible.

Euro DandyEuro Dandy
    Participant

Free

RIP. Started following the Cards and MLB in ’68 as a pre-Little Leaguer and Lou was the guy. I closed my batting stance just like Lou. It never felt quite right, but for a long time I figured it had to be the best way since Lou did it like that.

Participant

Free

First base is useless,” he said in 1974. “And most of the time it is useless to stay there.”

“On the other hand, second base is really the safest place on the field. When I steal second, I practically eliminate the double play. And I can score on any ball hit past the infield.”

One of the kingpins of those great late 60’s Cardinals teams of my childhood. Lou made the games so exciting with his speed and steals, and was usually a .300 hitter too. And Lou was at his best in the World Series. It was a joy to watch you play, Lou, RIP.

Participant

Paid - Annual

One of my all time favorites, in fact my first. I started getting into baseball in the mid seventies and i loved Lou. He was in his decline but he still had his moments. He was a great player, a great cardinal, and the perfect example of cardinal baseball. Rest in peace Lou.

Participant

Free

Lou Brock was an incredible man. I was fortunate enough to speak with him for about 30 minutes before a game in the dugout at Busch Stadium when I was just about 9 years old. I loved playing the game and was lucky enough to hear and learn from one of the best to ever play. I still remember that conversation very well and cherish it immensely. This is a very sad day as we lost not only a great player but an even better man. God bless Lou and his family during this difficult time.

Participant

Free

My favorite player as a kid. RIP

Participant

Free

RIP Lou Brock.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

A really interesting trivia item about two greats who have just left us…

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Participant

Free

Best trade the Cards ever made. See you soon, Lou.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Member “Brock20” posted the following on another thread:

RIP to one of the greatest Cardinals of All Time ! I don’t think the Lord will mind you stealing some bases in Heaven . Will see you again some day .

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years