Jordan Hicks

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Jordan Hicks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

What’s going on with Hicks nowadays?

Has he fully recovered from the injury that sidelined him last year?

Is he fully recovered from Tommy John surgery?

Will he become the closer next year since it’s obvious Reyes will not be in that position?

Anybody know anything, got any updates on Hicks?

r/Esteemed Rat

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The only news regarding Hicks that I know of is that he wants to be a starter.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baseball/news/cardinals-jordan-hicks-preparing-for-rotation-spot-in-22/

If Hicks does well in the rotation, he could become trade bait.

Nigel T
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

He needs innings to develop. but he is not ready to step into the rotation. There seems to be trepidation with the idea of continuing to use him in the same fashion that compromised his development and health.
    He is an inigma; therefore management cannot express a clear plan of use since one cannot possibly exist.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Well, now that we have our five starters – Wainwright, Fletcher, Hudson, Mikolas, and Matz – why do we need Hicks to be a starter?

And I agree Nigel T, at this point I don’t see a sure fire plan for him.

Has he ever been a starter before?

Will he be used in middle relief?

Will he have an innings limit?

Nigel T
    Participant

Paid - Three Months

Drafted in the third round out of H.S., Hicks was a starter up through A ball. Yadi seem to influence the coaching staff to take Hicks north out of spring training though he hadn’t reached AA yet.
    He has other medical issues. but seems to really be a horse. I have heard Hicks rivals Tyler O’Neil in the weight room.
    He seems to have lost much of his command, and it may be best to let him develop in the minors. I would say that won’t happen without further injury.

If he performs as one of the 13 best pitchers this spring, he will likely head north in the same role we saw last year.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Because Hicks was pushed too hard too soon, he will probably need to be used sparingly in the next season or two. That means a one-inning, middle relief guy. He needs to get through a season before being unleashed as a starter.

Long term I like him in a starter’s role.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years