Jon Lester acquired from Washington…

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Jon Lester acquired from Washington…

Viewing 14 posts - 51 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    bccran
    Participant

Some need to get past the negative and envision the possible.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That is true bccran

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Shame he didnt come up with that before all those outfield threads this winter. Better late than never I suppose.

bccran
    Participant

The jury is still out on the OF, but granted it is starting to improve.

I just don’t think all the negative threads about being out of the playoffs now are warranted yet. We have a full 1/3 of the season left to play.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

And our comeback is now underway as we have won one in a row. Going for two tonight.

bccran
    Participant

Just win each series, BB. That’s what I’m hoping for.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

Why give up Thomas for Lester? You can’t tell me anybody was offering more than to take him off their hands for cash and the Cardinals actually gave them something. And that something is a toolsy guy with some promise, even if it’s “just” as a utility OF guy. If they’d had given up Justin Williams I would have liked it more, but still not come close to understanding what they are doing.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That would have been true two years ago but I honestly can’t think of any player on our team who has looked worse than Thomas at the big league level the last two years. And not just offensively either. His defense was atrocious too. He probably needed a change of scenery. He may go to Washington and go crazy like Arozarena, Voit, Wisdom, and Nogowski but I don’t think he was going to do it here.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

Gant was better than this.

Paul7
    Participant

Free

Two pitchers Cardinals acquired and Lester is the younger one.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Braves lefty batters went 4 for 5 vs Lester last night. Even the lefty batting pitcher went 1 for 2. They must have missed the memo that Lester is a LHP.

Therein lies the flaw of quoting batter splits vs lefty mlb pitching. All mlb pitching is not equal, and the Braves confirmed that quickly.

bccran
    Participant

Lester had a bad 1st and 2nd inning for his new team. His performance to date this season against left handed hitters has been very good. Let’s see how he does in his next start.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

League avg-ish (97 ops+) vs lefty batters is now “very good”?

KK allowing a 38 ops+ vs lefty batters is very good.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Exactly. Stop rushing the prospects.

Viewing 14 posts - 51 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years