Jedd Gyorko traded to Dodgers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Jedd Gyorko traded to Dodgers

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 65 total)
  • Author
    stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Participant

Paid - Annual

For Buehler?

Participant

Free

They gave Luke Raley to MIN last year for a rental of Brian Dozier. I know Raley is hurt this year but I liked his upside as a LH power bat playing corner OF and 1B above avg and capable of CF. Let’s hope MO paid attention to that and got something worth while.
    I always liked Jedd, but injuries really killed his season.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Judging by the returns elsewhere for middling players, I’m hopeful that the Cards got something for Jedd. I realize he’s probably not the same guy he was in 2015-16 but he’d be an improvement over Edman and Munoz if healthy, and the Cards chose to pick up a couple of DFA’ed lefties to roster instead.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

stlcard25, I disagree with your “instead” conclusion. No indication whatsoever that the relievers and Gyorko are connected in any way.

stlcard25stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

stlcard25, I disagree with your “instead” conclusion. No indication whatsoever that the relievers and Gyorko are connected in any way.

We will see in a half hour to an hour, more than likely. If no more trades happen, would it be more likely that they were connected?

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

I guess one could draw a connection by dumping Jedd to clear a 40-man spot for Mejia, though another route could have been chosen instead. Having another back-end reliever vs. an injured infielder hardly seems a big deal, either way.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

BlackHillsCardBlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Nothing like being sellers at the trade deadline instead of actually improving your team, especially the bullpen. Ooops, I forgot about Mejia and Rosscup.

Participant

Free

yeah lets get 2 RP that nobody else wants….smart move FO…..oh wait as typical dumb as can be!

Participant

Free

Onyxgem, its the Mo special.

Participant

Free

We did get a bucket of BP balls for Jedd, so there is that.

Also, let’s not forget. We are going to get an All Star 3B, a Hall of Fame catcher, and an All Star – middle of the lineup bat – LF that are just as good as trade deadline deals!

I am sure that will be the spin by Mo, as he’s done it before.

I’m actually glad we seem to be standing pat, though. This team may be in 1st, but I still don’t really see a contender. I think they will do just enough to get a bad draft pick. They might even sneak in the back door of the playoffs.

Participant

Free

MO sits on his hands and does NOTHING….

even better the Cubs did make a trade for more offense….typical MO stupidness!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by AvatarOnyxgem.
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Castellanos to the cubbies.

Greinke to Houston

Participant

Free

Cardinals stand pat while all of the other contenders make improvements.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Dave Dombrowski in Boston and Mo are going to be reading from the same script…

Participant

Free

Boston does have a very talented big-league club.

Brian WaltonBrian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Cingrani is ok, but out for the year, so zero help… and will be a free agent this winter…

thejagerthejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

So..if we like our own guys for upgrading the offense and the rotation and the pen and all that… hwo can we sell Gyorko for nothing…of all the guys who could help in an impactful way that we have lost for much of the season woudlnt Gyorko add the most potential impact of internal solutions?

ESPECIALLY with Carp struggling so much?

We ended up as sellers it seems

Participant

Free

Participant

Free

Ooops. I didn’t realize Brian had already posted. You can delete my above tweet and this tweet if you want.

thejagerthejager
    Participant

Paid - Annual

how did this trade make us better in any way?

A rookie level pitcher with no stats
    an injured and FA to be LHRP

and we had to pay money and givve up International money?

how much money was Gyorko owed?

Is this Marte kid really worth all of it?

Participant

Free

What a major screw up by Mo & DeWallet, I thought they were trying to win in 2019?? The price of Stroman, or several of the RP’s moved today were not that extreme! There were no Gorman’s, Knizners or Carlson’s moved in any of those deals!

Anyone else ever thought that maybe other GM’s/Exec’s just don’t like Mo or dealing with him because he’s such a _______ ?

Participant

Paid - Annual

Boston is way way over the luxury tax. The Cardinals aren’t. I can understand why the Red Sox couldn’t pull off a trade.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Avatargscottar.
    Participant

Free

Mo asleep again. What a mess of a front office.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 65 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years