Flagstaff Films

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Flagstaff Films

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar gscottar 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

This is an overdue thread.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I agree. The Flagstaff collection is an absolute treasure trove.

Besides the short snippets on twitter does Flagstaff offer subscriptions or memberships for people who would like to see longer footage?

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Avatar gscottar.
    bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Terrific stuff. Player uniforms were so much better back then. These days with the pant legs pulled down for some guys, and hiked way up for other guys is lame. Not to mentioned the multiple combinations.

Like a lot of things, I do not mind a few combinations, but it gets overwhelming at times. The Cardinals have held back on that for the most part, but are creeping into a little more varied lool, which when pushed too far becomes the old “beer league softball” appearance.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Man, Warren Spahn had such a nice, smooth windup and delivery of his pitches.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

bicyclemike
    bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Some great ones there. That was Palmer facing Maris as a Yankee, so it had to be 1966, Palmer’s rookie year. He then missed most of both ’67 and ’68, but managed to come back strong and end up in the Hall.

For anyone not doing much on Monday, the Movies channel is showing baseball movies all day. One of them is “Safe At Home”, filmed in Spring Training 1962 where a kid gets Mantle & Maris, who were at the height of their “M&M fame at that point, to his Little League team. I still have that movie on VHS, and still have two perfectly fine working VHS machines, but have not seen it since the 1990s. Maybe I will fire up the old tape machine this weekend and give it a look-see (to quote Barney Fife).

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cool video of Babe Ruth. He finished his career playing with the Braves then as a coach for the Dodgers.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years