CMart to IL

Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Last Friday, Martinez had surgery to repair a torn ligament in his right thumb, likely ending his season.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I hope at this point they let him go. He’s got an option for 2022, right? I see no reason to bring him back when he has failed to come close to expectations for years now.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yea while I wouldn’t be surprised if he comes back, it wouldn’t surprise me if they just cut the cord.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

This feels like damned if you do and damned if you don’t…

Cut him and he’s great somewhere else; keep him and it’s more of the same you’ve been getting.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

There’s no way the Cards pick up his option for next year. I believe it’s $17.5M or so. Now, could they sign him to a 1 year show me deal? Perhaps, but I’d expect he’ll either be a reliever going forward or have to sign with a rebuilding team if he hopes to start.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

stl25 is correct. He has a $17M option or a $500k buy out. That decision should take Mo about 30 seconds to figure out. I suppose they could bring him back on a cheap one year deal but my guess is that he is with a different organization next year.

Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years