Arozarena to be promoted

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum Arozarena to be promoted

This topic contains 56 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by Avatar gscottar 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    GameCard
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

He is an adequate outfielder and when he plays there it is obviously for his left-handed bat. Why is that so hard for some to comprehend.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

He is an adequate outfielder and when he plays there it is obviously for his left-handed bat. Why is that so hard for some to comprehend.

Edman’s LH stats: .252/.289/.385 for a 75 wRC+, or 25% below league average. So yeah, it’s hard to comprehend why it’s so obvious that it’s for his left handed bat.

GameCard
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

It is.

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

Yes it is stupid to start him in the OF period, if you want him to play put him at 3rd, putting him in OF is silly at best!

14NyquisT

Paid - Annual

He is about the seventh best defender in the outfield on this roster.

O ye of little faith. Try to stop being negative regarding Edman and Bader. They are our future.

ps…. name the six better than him. And I will almost be able to guarantee he will be a better OF next season.

14NyquisT

Paid - Annual

Edman is an upgrade on what we had in RF last season. He is a hard worker and will get better. Let’s give him a chance to improve.

GameCard
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

No, it is not stupid…it is the correct thing to do. If we had more than one LH bat available in the OF he likely would not be playing there but we don’t.

14NyquisT

Paid - Annual

If we had more than one LH bat available in the OF he likely would not be playing there but we don’t.

Key words: “but we don’t”.

You made my point.

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

No, it is not stupid…it is the correct thing to do. If we had more than one LH bat available in the OF he likely would not be playing there but we don’t.

Mike Matheny, is that you??

Just because a player is left handed, it doesn’t mean that they’re automatically a better hitter against RHP. Edman has always been better from the right side in the minors. He’s not exactly lighting it up right now.

Minors OPS vs RHP this year (where all these guys have played the majority of their year):

Arozarena .926
    Thomas .826
    Edman .744
    O’Neill .691 (.973 in 2018)

Is it just magic that makes him a better option? Again, I like Edman and think he is a solid player and could be an average starter at 2B going forward. But it’s very questionable if he’s the best option in RF unless you just ignore his entire career and the careers of these other players.

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

.252/.289/.385 is NOT even worth putting in the lineup just because he is left handed that is stupid decision especially when you take into the fact he is NOT an OF!

14NyquisT

Paid - Annual

Mike Shildt announced that Tommy Edman will be a regular in the lineup.

This is from VEB yesterday.

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

Yeah well it if was at 3rd base only or 2nd that is fine, it is DUMB of Shildt to put him in the OF period.

GameCard
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

No, it is not dumb…it is the correct thing to do. Mike Shkildt and I think so and he is the only one that counts.

14NyquisT

Paid - Annual

JMartinez came up as a first baseman. When he proved inadequate his position in media outlets changed him to an outfielder, POOF. April 16, 2019 he became the regular RF. Voila.

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

No it is stupid to put a lefty who can’t hit that well in a position he is not used to playing when there are BETTER options…

forsch31
    Participant

Paid - Annual

GameCard, are you Mo or Girsch? Can you give me any LOGICAL reason why to play Edman in the OF over Thomas, Arozarena, O’Neill, Ozuna and Fowler other than he hits from the left side of the plate?

stlcard25
    stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think we can all agree that the Cubs are stupid but can’t we find a better way to disagree?

The Edman in RF Club: Mike Shildt, Gamecard

The Edman Doesn’t Belong in RF Club: The Stats, The Entire Rest of the Fan Base

We know who will win out. I’ll just leave it at that and we can agree to disagree. The standings will prove who was right, I guess.

GameCard
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Mike Shildt wins… you lose.

forsch31
    Participant

Paid - Annual

14Ny, Martinez was called up as an OF and made the team in 2017 as the backup OF. It wasn’t until later that he was considered a 1Bman.

14NyquisT

Paid - Annual

GameCard is an ace.

forsch31
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Back to the subject of this thread. I am glad to see Arozarena sent back down. It’s a borderline crime to call him up to just sit on the bench. He was swinging a hot bat at Memphis and is a decent OF with speed. He gets 8 plate appearances in 7 games while infielders are starting games in the outfield. Now he can go down and hopefully pick up where he left off in AAA.

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

GameCard – shows low little Shildt knows then….

atripleshyofthecycle
    Participant

Free

GameCard is an ace.

I see what you did there.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Edman should not be in the OF because we have numerous better options.

Edman should not be at 2B because we already have one of the best 2B in MLB.

Edman should start at 3B EVERYDAY. He is a good defender there and we do not have any better options. Sorry to the Carp apologists.

Brian Walton
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 57 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 20 years