2023 StL Game #19: Wednesday, April 19 vs. Arizona

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2023 StL Game #19: Wednesday, April 19 vs. Arizona

Viewing 9 posts - 51 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

And he’s really not all that long in the tooth, gscottar. He won’t see 34 yrs. of age until August. Not that he needs to, but he’s got plenty of time left to search for a way to resurrect his career.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I agree 1td. He does have a lot of mileage on his arm but at almost 34 he could potentially rebound and generate a few more wins. I remember a few years ago several people (myself included) had pretty much given up on Waino but he proved us wrong by putting up a couple of good seasons, before the end of last year at least. I have always viewed Madbum as a LH version of Waino. They are cut from the same cloth.

Oliver
    Participant

Free

Madbum doesn’t like Contreras.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

When I think of guys that managed to win 16 to 18 games in a season with the Cardinals who had names like Kyle Lohse, Jeff Suppan and Woody Williams, I always think of Dave Duncan. I could be wrong, but I don’t guess there are guys like that around anymore who possess something other than the data from a laptop to tap into what’s needed for a pitcher with limited talent to be effective. He may have been the last of the Hub Kittle type breed of guys who could actually not only teach the art of pitching, but also detect the subtle issues present that were contributing to a pitcher being ineffective. At any rate, I’d bet a dollar that Duncan or Kittle could get Madison straightened out.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Interestingly, Duncan was an early data guy. He had dozens of binders that had their own travel crates for road trips. I hope he becomes an ownership selection to the Cards Hall of Fame.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Oh okay, you mean like the binders that held those papers and assignments in school? I once used to walk a particular girl home from school when I was a young boy. She always had a lot of books along with a couple of those heavy binders. However, she didn’t have any travel crates to place them in and always expected me to carry all of that stuff on the walk from our school to her house. If she’d of had a laptop instead, I probably wouldn’t need new grease fittings for my back…Haha!

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Whoops, wrong thread…

14NyquisT
    Participant

gscottar:
    We have taken flyers on aging veteran lefties before. JA Happ, Jon Lester, and Wade LeBlanc gave us a few decent months in 2021. Maybe Madbum could do the same.

gscott…. I gotta say you are making some damn good comments lately. You must be spending more time online keeping up with the Cards.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

gscott…. I gotta say you are making some damn good comments lately. You must be spending more time online keeping up with the Cards.

Thanks Ny. It comes and goes. I have been real busy at work in recent weeks so my online time has been diminished plus it is hard to stay as motivated when the club is not doing as well as they should but be we soldier on nevertheless.

Viewing 9 posts - 51 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.