2023 StL Game #16: Sunday, April 16 vs. Bucs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2023 StL Game #16: Sunday, April 16 vs. Bucs

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Another IBB to Noot works out. Noot batting 2nd has protection.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Walker whiffs but Edman with a walk off hit with 2 outs.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Finally caught a break. Off the bat I thought that was a GIDP. Whoops…There were 2 outs…Haha!

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Holy Cow!

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

By golly we did it!

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Cards desperately needed that win. Yes I know it is only April but this team has been in a funk and needs to snap out of it. A pretty decent Dbacks team is coming in then we go on a ten game west coast trip that could be tough. As Yogi said sometimes it gets late early.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Finally caught a break. Off the bat I thought that was a GIDP.

That woulda been 4 outs, 1td. Did I miss something and they’re now also giving the offense 4 outs in addition to the ghost running in extras, haha! They should’ve gone with the 5-man infield against Edman.

Edit, I see where you caught up with the outs 🙂

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

5.2 inning start. Followed by 4 relief pitchers. We didn’t need that. There’s not going to be much for tomorrow.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Really needed the W today after yesterday’s fiasco. I’ll also say that the Pirates played well and have to feel good about coming into StL. and splitting a 4 game set against a team that normally beats them up pretty good. In any event, I don’t think it’s the second coming of Clemente, Stargell and Parker, but the Bucs played pretty good baseball.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

the Bucs played pretty good baseball.

Yes they did. I appreciate seeing the game well played.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Haha!…Yeah Euro, I had an instant flashback of Eddie’s bases jammed, first pitch swinging, comebacker GIDP in the 4th inning. When I saw him swinging at the first pitch in the 10th and hit it on the ground with the 5 IF’ers, I thought…Well, I can’t print what I thought!

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carlson kept coming up when it mattered and looked awful. We don’t need that no matter how good the defense. (see DeJong). He’s not that bad, you say? He was today, and that’s what mattered today.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Yeah, Carlson’s beginning to look like an automatic out from the left side. Today I lost count of how many times he was swinging at pitches at or above letter high. He can’t cover that pitch and has no chance to get on top when he rips at it from the left side.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Today, Carlson had the 7th highest leverage PA’s of our batters. Walkers PA’s were double of the “when it mattered”.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Carlson’s bat looked weak. It really boils down to putting the optimal combination of defense and hitting in the out field as a whole. That’s not an easy call with this group right now.

The Cards’ pitching staff needs better defense than the average staff since they lack the right stuff. And evidently they need more run support than the average staff. That’s what the talent purchasers and developers have given us.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

I’ll also say that despite the game ender by Eddie today, he’s not looked to good at all hitting from the left side thus far this season. Too many first pitch or early in the count weak roll overs to the right side of the IF. I don’t guess they take this route anymore, but it wouldn’t bother me too much if he scrapped the switch altogether.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Gorman’s now the Cardinal triple crown leader at .333/4/14.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

4-2 in the second 10. Need to win 3 of the next 4 to be at .500 at the 20 game mark.

Everything seems to be a struggle for the team right now.

Would be nice if somehow the starter gives us a complete game W tomorrow….

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

The Nootz now sits at 7 AB’s and 8 BB’s…Haha!

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Although AZ is in first place in the NLW, they feature a negative run differential at -2. That’s pretty rare.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Another IBB to Noot works out. Noot batting 2nd has protection.

That’s true, but in both instances today it was because the runner ahead is what mattered and setting up the force out is what mattered.

But I do think Noot will be moved up in the order. 1 or 2 like he ended up last year.

It is also worth noting that the opposition showed no fear of Walker.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

The Nootz is continuing his tendency to confound the laws of mathematics that he displayed last season when he hit .228 and featured an OBP of .340. This season he’s hitting .286 with an OBP .667…Haha!

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Noot has a way of being in the middle of any good thing happening. Some guys are good at fattening up their stats when it doesn’t matter. Maybe he will learn that technique.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

He sure does, and I find it side splitting funny that he’s accumulated 8 BB’s and a grand total of 7 AB’s. Let those guys you call the geeks run those numbers through their laptops and the device will probably begin to shoot sparks out of the USB ports…Haha!

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Noot is a walking bundle of intangibles, which cannot be objectively measured and quantified. He’s probably never been drafted in a fantasy league, and never will be. Just look at the stats, he stinks.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 77 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.