2023 StL Game #116: Thursday, August 10 at Tampa Bay Rays

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2023 StL Game #116: Thursday, August 10 at Tampa Bay Rays

Viewing 8 posts - 51 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    Jnevel
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Good deal 1TD! We’re trying to chase down those Braves for best record in the NL!

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

I thought it was Montgomery or Flaherty 4ev, but I just looked it up and Mikolas was the last Redbird SP’er to work 8 IP’ed way back in May.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Haha!…Yeah, Jnevel. I just had a flashback to Sept. of ’11 when every time the Redbirds would seal another W, I’d check to see what the Braves did and it was L after L after L until we finally caught them for that WC!

shakenbake McBride
    Participant

Free

It seems that pitching is almost as much mental as it is physical. Liberatore gets knocked around most of the season and then pitches a masterpiece against the team that traded him away. Go figure.

blingboy
    Participant

Maybe it is an effect of the pressure being off since the FO threw in the towel.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Until tonight, he’d never worked more than a 6 inning turn in his Big League career of which he received a no decision. You could be right, but it could also be said he was working under a good amount pressure in tonight’s turn only for the reason being that before he took the baseball to pitch against the team that drafted him, he was 1-4 in 9 turns this season with an ERA just a sliver under 7.00 and he was pitching to keep his status as a possible Big League starting pitcher intact. At any rate, I agree that performance is relative to the importance of any particular contest.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

He has the pitches and tonight he located well. Many first pitch strikes. Best command I can remember this season.

Houstonlarry24
    Participant

Free

Just outstanding gem tonight till the reliever looked awful. Hope ML can build off this towards 24.

Viewing 8 posts - 51 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 25 years