2023 StL Game #105: Friday, July 28 vs. Cubs

Home › The Cardinal Nation Forums › Open Forum › 2023 StL Game #105: Friday, July 28 vs. Cubs

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 78 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #229240
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

    Paid - Annual

    7:15 p.m.
    LHP Jordan Montgomery (6-8, 3.37) vs. RHP Hayden Wesneski (2-3, 4.75)
    BSM // KMOX // WIJR
    (and Bally Sports South/Southwest Extra)

    #229451
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

    Free

    I see where Angel Hernandez umpired the Memphis game last night.

    What’s up with that?

    Better Memphis than anywhere in the big leagues.

    r/Esteemed Rat

    #229453
    Euro Dandy
    Participant

    Free

    Angel is too experienced to have options. Must’ve been a rehab assignment.

    #229458
    blingboy
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    I don’t suppose he could have been fired and rehired on a minor league contract.

    #229470
    stlcard25
    Participant

    Flaherty’s showcase start was sort of meh. Hopefully Monty shows out a bit better and can bolster our return this weekend.

    #229475
    Cardinal in France
    Participant

    Free

    Well, today we have an opportunity to transform the Cubs into a winning ball club with a final nudge over 5oo. Or we could be mean and push them back down a notch. Which will it be Card fans? Rah Cardinals!

    #229476
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

    Free

    Will Contreras be in the lineup tonight?

    #229477
    blingboy
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    we have an opportunity to transform the Cubs into a winning ball club with a final nudge over 5oo

    I can picture Mo thinking: then we could say we lost to a team with a winning record.

    #229478
    PugsleyAddams
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    These upstart north siders are presently akin to an east bound runaway freight train with extremely iffy brakes. How do you halt it’s trek…….or tracks as it is? You attack it’s conductor…..in this case, the TBA. No matter how bleak things may appear in this great game of baseball,if you’re preparing to square off vs a TBA, you have a decent shot for success. Let’s call this one 6-3 Birds shall we, with Walker ralphing a long one high up into the rafters in left. Even after last night, I still like Walker to shine in this series. What’s for din-din tonight one may ask? I’m thinking that a trip over to Johnny’s Italian Steakhouse may be in the cards. I’ll opt for the ribeye with baby carrots, mashed potatoes, mushrooms stuffed with Italian sausage and for dessert, I’m pondering abstaining once again, but am not totally sure? Maybe to decide I’ll pluck petals off a rose with not the words “she loves me…..she loves me not”, but rather “3 Popeye’s apple cinnamon pies or no 3 Popeye’s apple cinnamon pies”? I’m hoping the later does not prevail.

    #229507
    Wooster
    Participant

    Free

    I’m hoping we rebound after last night. We have a 10 game homestand now till we go on the road again. The seller things got new speculation on our key players every day. Not sure how selling Montgomery is going to help us next year unless through some combination of moves we land an upgrade? Right now personally I don’t see much coming up in our system. Walker really showed that lack of outfield experience last night but it really didn’t matter. His at bats were hard hit but the 2 I remember about 20 ft short. O’Niel and Knizner were both hot at the plate last night. O’Niel 3 for 4. Go Cardinals! Don’t play dead at home!

    #229510
    cardsfan64
    Participant

    #229518
    blingboy
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    CF L. Nootbaar L
    1B P. Goldschmidt R
    2B Nolan Gorman L
    3B N. Arenado R
    DH W. Contreras R
    LF T. O’Neill R
    RF J. Walker R
    C A. Knizner R
    SS Paul DeJong R

    Montgomery vs. Drew Smyly (L)

    #229519
    blingboy
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    This would have been a good oportunity two give Carlson two starts in a row.

    #229522
    jj-cf-stl
    Participant

    I look at the lineup to see who’s missing and start wondering if they are part of current trade talks.

    #229525
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

    Free

    I am SOOOOO sick and tired of seeing Goldschmidt in the #2 slot that I could just about vomit. That tells me that Oli just doesn’t understand.

    I wonder why someone hasn’t had Herzog come and explain it to him???

    r/Esteemed Rat

    #229526
    1toughdominican
    Participant

    Free

    Anyone missing from the line-up at any time can be fully explained by the old, “He was scheduled for a day off anyway” trick.

    #229527
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

    Free

    I wonder here. If I posted a thread that said “ARENADO TRADED TO DODGERS!” how long would it take people to start clicking on that thread?

    Or how long would it be before posters started to sh~t themselves?

    #229530
    bicyclemike
    Moderator

    Paid - Annual

    This is likely Monty’s lasts start with the Birds-on-Bat, and one of DeJong’s last appearance as a Cardinal.

    Yeah, Goldschmidt at 2? Enough already. You are club that is double-digits under .500. Shake things up a little. Or at least try a “classic” lineup.

    #229531
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

    Paid - Annual

    Rats, I would have to take it down immediately. No bogus postings allowed. Sorry.

    #229532
    1toughdominican
    Participant

    Free

    I want to see him at lead-off prior to season’s end…With monkeys, clowns and honey bears wearing funny hats while riding bicycles and the spectacular Redbird manager serving as ringmaster…That would be the grand finale of the ’23 Redbird circus.

    #229535
    1toughdominican
    Participant

    Free

    I like this web-site not only because it’s fun, but also informative. It’s also nice to know that it won’t allow any bogus info or rumors such as the articles that are constantly published in places like the StL. PD, MLB.com and countless others…Haha!

    #229537
    1toughdominican
    Participant

    Free

    All jokes aside, I was never too fond of the guy who’s now the lead baseball writer for the StL. PD, but they have a new guy who serves as second in command as the Cardinal’s writer for the PD who I really like. His game recaps are coherent, precise and don’t at all go overboard with any print that’s obviously designed to please the team he writes about. His name’s Lynn Worthy and I think he does a real nice job. Moreover, I genuinely hope he eclipses and takes over for the guy who currently serves as the lead Redbird writer for the paper. Anyone seen any of his work?

    #229546
    LACardFan
    Participant

    Free

    Mikolas suspended 5 games

    #229548
    blingboy
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    Donovan is sitting, but he sometimes does vs a lefy. And I can imagine they wanted to let Contreas DH.

    #229550
    PugsleyAddams
    Participant

    Paid - Annual

    How do you not bat Knizner 4th? The man whallops 2 salami’s in his only ML game batting clean up and he’s rewarded by being downgraded into Dal Maxvill territory. You never tinker with what is working and you never get off a winning horse…….words I wish our skipper subscribed to.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 78 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 25 years