2022 Cardinals MLB Game 8 thread – Sunday, April 17 at Brewers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 8 thread – Sunday, April 17 at Brewers

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

1:10 p.m.
    RHP Dakota Hudson vs. LHP Aaron Ashby (0-1, 1.80)
    BSM // KMOX
    Also BSSO and BSSW+

Update: Based on Wednesday’s rainout, Dakota Hudson will start this game. Jordan Hicks will start Tuesday.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Could we possibly take three of four from the Brewers at Milwaukee?

Me and Whitey Herdog will be tuning in today. Front Row Amy has yet to appear at a Brewers game. I wonder if her and Pugs were together last night? Maybe we can get a status report from him.

And din-din today will be a center cut rib chop, baked beans, a piece of Cherry Pie from the Amish restaurant along with a Mt. Dew. All of this at game time. And then after that a couple of 7×50 Palma Real cigars to finish out the game.

r/Esteemed Rat

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

And I believe Arenado turned 31 yesterday – Saturday the 16th. He is getting old. Might want to seriously consider trading him at the deadline in early August if we are out of the race. Get some prospects.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Adrian Beltre had like 8 more good seasons in his 30s. I very much doubt Arenado gets traded at any point.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

As good as hes been so far this season I don’t see us trading Arrenado any time son. When Goldy gets going we’re gonna be really a good team. Really like the young guys we got now too
    Most with a couple years now too. Way better start so far than last year! As long as pitching doesn’t blow itself out we shouldn’t need a miracle run this year!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Outa meat for din-din Rats. Guess I gotta go forage something tonight!

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Carlson
    Goldy
    O’Neill
    Arenado
    Pujols DH
    Edman
    Bader
    PDJ
    Knizner

Katie Woo

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

When Goldy gets going we’re gonna be really a good team.

I agree Wooster. Goldy is going to really lengthen the lineup when he gets hot and believe me he will warm up. He is notoriously a slow starter. I remember him being written off last year after the first month or two. What did he then do? Finish 6th in NL MVP voting.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Amy was a casualty of Brewer season ticket relocation, which was instituted during the pandemic for social distancing purposes, Rat. I haven’t seen her, but I heard that she’s now situated somewhere down the 3rd baseline.

Looks like Wooster is going to have to go vegan today. I’m going the fish route for din-din today…..but no catfish fiddlers. Baked cod, which will be heavily dipped in butter just prior to being swallowed, cauliflower & broccoli, lobster bisque soup, Hawaiian din-din rolls with butter and cranberry juice to wash her all down with.

Mrperkins
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ok, so is there a story to Molina missing time or are they really going with a time share?

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

I, too, was wondering what’s up with Molina. Voluntary or not? But Knizner’s having a good start so not to worry.

I’m just putting the finishing touches on some veal scallopini, which will be served with Alsacian noodles and a green salad, followed by a pineapple upsidedown cake, to be consumed just before first pitch.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

If Arendano continues near this pace he opts ut so the Cards consider trading him if they are out of it (but they wont be)

With Gorman and Walker in the 3B pipeline Cards will not have an easy decision if Arenado opts out.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

What odds would anyone give to Arenado opting out?

Mine would be less than 1%.

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

Cardinals need to consider flipping Edman and Carlson in the order while Edman is hot & Carlson is struggling.

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

I think Arenado likes it here, but they added that opt out for a reason.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I was joking about Arenado. He’s not about to go anywhere. Should have a few good years left in him..:)

Bad news about Front Row Amy. Pugs, use your influence to get her back where she belongs!

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Not good to miss on the opportunity with the bases loaded and one down. Two Ks to finish that inning. Still, this team is tough on left handed pitchers so hopefully they’ll get more chances.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

LA said:

I think Arenado likes it here, but they added that opt out for a reason.

“They” is Colorado, which was understandable at the time, but no longer applies.

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

Welp. Not the start we were all hoping for.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

What in blazes happened? Just turned on the tele and it’s already 3-0. No fret though…..good teams come barking right back at em .

I like Amy right where she’s at, Rat. Kind of hard to concentrate on the game with her being smack dab front & center. Love your din-din, Cardinal In France! Pineapple upside-down cake…..been many moons since I’ve had that treat.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hudson only threw 40% strikes in his 30 pitch 1st inning. He’ll need to vastly improve on that the rest of the way.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Wondered about Amy. Thought Ballys was avoiding her. She’s always been an extra highlight whilst viewing the Brewers.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

One would guess that Amy must have ruffled some front office feathers, KsCardFan. I too would have figured her to be back in her regular seat by now. Knowing Brewer fans, they will vehemently protest her absentia. Amy shall one day return.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Arendano continues hitting like this he will definately opt out. On his current contract his later years pay much less.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Crew do not score in the 2nd. Hudson now with 55 heaves. Your updated Vegas odds now list his probability of earning the “W” at 9%.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.