2022 Cardinals MLB Game 80 thread – Saturday, July 2 at Phillies

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 80 thread – Saturday, July 2 at Phillies

Viewing 14 posts - 51 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    Wooster
    Participant

Free

Yep and no Helsley meatballs last inning!

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Arenado is looking clutch tonight!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Nado Dinger!

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well arenado hits a homer and gives us the lead

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well helsley finishes it off and we get the win..go cardinals

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Two innings of Helsley nastiness gets the save — 5 Ks, 1 foul pop, and one BB just to add a little suspense.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Good rebound My faith has been restored. Back to playing ball again. Helsley goes 2 innings nice! Nado dinger! Go Cardinals!

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Now 2-19 when allowing 6 runs or more.

Thanks lineup.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

O.K. I am stepping back from the edge. But how come nobody can come in from the pen and not walk anybody?

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Bling…..my old buddy who is deceased was a big Reds fan. He used to moan and groan all the time about the Reds relievers coming into a game and walking people. He used to say he’d rather somebody hit a homerun than walk. I feel the same way about the St. Louis relievers. When they get ready to face their first hitter I usually say out loud….”DON’T WALK HIM!!!…”

r/Esteemed Rat

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well, I shouldn’t say nobody. Woody didn’t walk anybody when he pitched the 9th on Monday. Big mistake I guess.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Our club has mostly been carried by the two vets, Goldy and Nado this season. Edman has been the third guy doing well, but no one else has consistently been there for the offense. If we can get O’Neill back and swinging like he was when he went out with the hammy issue, and get some more steady production from another guy we can get on a roll and take the division.

Oh, and the bullpen needs to step it up as well. That may be the bigger concern. This came close to being our second game in a week where we blow a 5-0 lead. Thankfully NA was clutch this time.

PadsFS
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Edman has been a plus bat and elite defense. Carlson has been a plus bat too.

Then the 3 rookies have been amazing – Donovan, Gorman, and Yepez.

The bullpen has been good when used in that role, look at Oviedo, Woodford, and Naughtons stats as relievers.

Thompson and Fernandez have emerged too plus I think Hicks will be great again out of the pen.

Gallegos, Helsley, Cabrera, Oviedo, Hicks, Thompson, Fernandez, plus look good. It’s the ML FAs that have been rough.

Btw what’s going on with Cabrera?

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

I dont have the stats but our bullpen hás been way better the least couple of weeks. Strangely it hás not improved the team performance

Viewing 14 posts - 51 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.