2022 Cardinals MLB Game 80 thread – Saturday, July 2 at Phillies

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 80 thread – Saturday, July 2 at Phillies

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Yairo killing us

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Another game where a starter can’t get past third inning. I like liberatore but he’s not ready for prime time. Woodford is but he’s getting screwed. Marmol is just horrible. I don’t think I’m my lifetime, I have seen a worse cardinal manager.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Very uninspiring stuff again from Liberatore. I’m not seeing upper rotation potential.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Good pull, but another start of 3 IP or less from the rotation.

Need a starter Mo!

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Is this deja vu all over again? No lead is enough for these guys.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Sad. You could feel this coming from the first inning. Gotta answer here.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Another short start, another lead given up. Metric driven crud ball.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Liberator came into today allowing a .879 ops. Hes turned every batter he has faced into Arenado. Metrics were right.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

I believe there was intent.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

That Hicks inning didn’t give me any comfort.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Did I mention Wittgren has been dfa.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sacks jammed nobody out, Yepez up.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Lot of opportunities offered up found no takers, Too bad.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Great so now we know Herra can’t hit a fastball. Really?

Jbrodie7
    Participant

Free

I think id rather see Dejong in there than Nootbar.. the bottom of the order is just atrocious right now… we should be looking for a catcher and another bat along with pitching. Feel bad for Arenado and Goldy… have little help and had absolutely none yesterday. Phillies could literally walk Goldy and Arenado every at bat and just make the bottom of the order beat them and win easily

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

This one-run lead is causing me great discomfort.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Watching the Phil’s broadcast. Don’t usually care one way or the other about announcers, but after listening to their color commentator for several innings I decided he’s awful. Started wondering who he is and I think I’ve figured out it is Mike Schmidt, lol. If so, his broadcast skills pale in comparison to his playing skills.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Yeah CIF we have a 1 run lead.Actually walked in from a bases loaded no outs beginning. Pretty pitiful we can’t move in another run in 3 trys. Edman on first ends up camped out since he won’t steal. We really need to challenge somebody on the basepaths since our offense is dead after 3 innings, pitchings unreliable and we’ve lost 2 in a row now. Need to turn things around.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Herreras unblocked ball to the screen is on third now waiting to tie up our 1 run lead.

Bob Reed
    Participant

Free

“Marmol is just horrible. I don’t think I’m my lifetime, I have seen a worse Cardinal manager.”

Unless you’re over 110 years old, Willie, I believe you are correct. The Roger Bresnahan teams of 1909/10 are probably the last Cardinal teams to be so poorly managed. (But I do think the Cards will win today.)

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Ever get that sinking feeling. Throw a meatball first pitch that’ll fool em. Tie game. Wonder if they want to win? Pressures off now if you don’t care.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Bucs 7, MIL 4 final

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

I leave it to you guys. It’s 1:35 a.m. here and I can’t stay awake. Rah Cardinals!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Maybe you’ll have a pleasant surprise when you wake up CIF!

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well we are tied going into the 9th. I think we definitely need to score in this inning.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years