2022 Cardinals MLB Game 78 thread – Wednesday, June 29 vs. Marlins

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 78 thread – Wednesday, June 29 vs. Marlins

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A one out Aguilar base knock to right ties this affair up at 1 here in the top of inning #4. Then a 3-6-3 twin killing ends the inning. By all appearances, this Pallante fellow may turn into a nice #4 pitcher in this rotation. I like what I see out of him over what I witnessed from a healthy Steven Matz.

Thanks for the concert info, KsCardFan. And yes, catfish is probably underrated. Maybe I’ll try it one day with Rat at his Amish restaurant, The Gasthof.

J Mack
    Participant

Free

I’m watching on Bally Sports Midwest and I thought I just saw a camera shot of a cop in the Cardinals dugout. This guy had a khaki shirt and a badge. Is this right? What?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Was wondering the same thing, J.Mack. Seemed kind of odd seeing the cop putting big handfuls of something in his mouth in the Cards dugout. Not that cops can’t eat while on the job, but it just seemed a bit peculiar.

J Mack
    Participant

Free

I thought i saw the cop throw a handful of peanuts into his piehole. I thought I was seeing things…

J Mack
    Participant

Free

What’s a cop doing in the dugout? Is this a new thing? I didn’t get a memo…

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well, Pallante gave up the lead pretty quick and now the sacks are jammed nobody out.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

First two Marlins reach base here in the top of the 5th, via a walk and ground single(Goldy holding the baserunner) to right. Now a ground single to left by Stallings has Pallante and St. Louis in a heap of trouble, as the bases are loaded with nary and out. DeLaCruz then grounds into a 6-4-3 DP with the runner from 3rd scoring……but we’ll gladly take it. Arenado with a very nice play on the Berti ground ball ends the inning. Marlins lead 2-1, but that inning could have been significantly worse.

Yeah, you do wonder what’s going on with the uniformed policeman in the Cards dugout? Maybe Brian or Bling can shed some light on it. And yes indeed, J. Mack should have been informed in advance about this.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sosa a one out 5th inning triple, that Sanchez should have probably corralled. Knizner then thankfully walks, as that matchup of Alcantara vs Knizner would be akin to Joe Frazier stepping into the ring with Don Knotts. Sac fly scores Sosa from 3rd and this game is tied up at 2. Now a Carlson base hit scores Knizner and it’s 3-2 Good Guys.

J Mack
    Participant

Free

What the heck has happened to the broadcasters? These guys are so Pol. correct and bland. This rick ankiel must get paid by the word. When i was a little kid, Dizzy Dean was the main man and Jack Buck was his sidekick. Dizzy Dean would say anything. If the Cards screwed up he’d point it out…It was really entertaining, kind of like Harry Carey..

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yep, they don’t make sports broadcasters like they used to, J.Mack.

Goldy strikes out swinging to retire the side, but the Cards recapture the lead at 3-2. Alcantara with 75 pitches thru 5 complete.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Marlins down in order in the 6th. Pallante at 82 pitches thru 6 innings of labor. I think he should at least start the 7th.

J Mack
    Participant

Free

Remember when the Cards played at the old wooden park on Kings Highway? Where Satchel Paige once pitched both ends of a double header? These pitchers these days they treat like dainty little fairies… They’re big strong men, in much better shape than say Lon and Von McDaniels….

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pez with a double here in the 6th, but that’s the extent of the offense this inning…..still 3-2 Cards. Will be interesting if Neil starts this 7th inning? He should.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Nice to see Edmundo producing. Up that trade value. Cause you will be back in jail in a few days.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It is indeed Pallante pitching here in the top of the 7th….. though not requested to do so, let’s stay with the action shall we?

Garcia on 3-2 strikes out swinging on a filthy breaking ball.

Anderson grounds out to Edman.

Rojas grounds out 3-1.

Cards 3
    Fish 2

Pallante now at 96 pitches……8 innings for Pallante anyone? He doesn’t seem to be weakening in the least. He’s retired the last 8 batters, but I think his evening is finished.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Dare I say our boy out pitched Alcantara for 7 innings? Looks like he’s done for the night, but very impressive.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Surprise surprise surprise…… Knizner with a one out single to right off Alcantara…..and it was not a wounded duck, flair, humpback liner, blooper, dying quail or any other cheapie variety of a hit, it was well stroked……now a twin killing
    puts an abrupt end to the Cardinals 7th inning.

Pallante was right there pitch for pitch with Alcantara, Bling. Alcantara’s defense betrayed him a little though, but Neil Pallante was fantastic tonight.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Giovanni Gallegos pitching the St. Louis 8th. He gets the job done. Cards lead 3-2 heading to the bottom of the 8th. Just one insurance run would be just what the doctor ordered here just to make Helsley’s job a titch easier.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

it was not a wounded duck, flair, humpback liner, blooper, dying quail

Not a seeing eye grounder, obviously, but what about a can-o-corn, Pugs?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

What amazes me is just how close many routine ground ball outs are at 1st base. So many players are out by a mere half step….. Alcantara pitches a perfect 8th…..oh I know it’s water over the dam, but I want him back!

“Can of corn” applies to routine fly balls that are caught, Bling…….but you know, I guess they can sometimes fall in too. Good one Bling!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 9. Helsley center stage for the Cards.

Cooper on 3-2 walks on one that barely missed off the corner…..it could have been called a strike without anyone getting terribly disturbed though.

Sanchez strikes out swinging.

Aguilar strikes out swinging and Helsley is bringing the mustard!……and the hot sauce as well.

Garcia homers to center and I’m crushed! The first homer Helsley has surrendered in 2022.

Anderson ….and you can hear the sound of a very very small pin, drop in this stadium right now. Anderson lines a base hit to left.

Rojas strikes out looking.

Miami 4
    St. Louis 3

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Helsley, off with his head

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

This club really loses games you think are in the bag. That April game against the Mets, last Sunday against the Cubs, and now this one.

Maybe we come back in the 9th, but if not this is another tough one to take.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ha…Blingster! We’ll, let’s come right back at these guys. Let’s show some spunk and win this baby.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Capel doing that Schumacher bit with the gloves.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years