2022 Cardinals MLB Game 78 thread – Wednesday, June 29 vs. Marlins

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 78 thread – Wednesday, June 29 vs. Marlins

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:45 p.m.
    RHP Andre Pallante (2-3, 2.03) vs. RHP Sandy Alcantara (7-3, 1.95)
    BSM // KMOX // WIJR
    Also BSSE and BSSW+

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

So our fWOP went up tonight?

Yes, the fWOP went up tonight. So did our fPUGS. A couple more good fWOPs and fPUGs and we might have a sweep. Although Alcantara is going to be a challenge. I doubt the .193 hitting Pujols will be in the lineup for this one.

r/Esteemed Rat

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Well along with the fWHOPer and McRBIie we increased our fPUGS. The skys the limit. Into the great wide open…
    Been hitting good but Pallantes up against their ace tonight. Hope we can keep their score down and ours up.
    Din-din will be Italian Sausage Spaghetti or Chicken Alfredo. Go Cardinals!

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Going to see Z top tonight so won’t get the game. Gonna be a tough one against one of the good ones that got away. Need Pitching to show up tonight.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wow! I don’t know if it’s just me, but Wooster’s Italian sausage spaghetti sounds magnifico for din-din tonight. The wifey commented that we were having cod this evening, but right after I saw Wooster’s post, I immediately phoned her and switched din-dins. Thanks Wooster. And I’ll be on the game thread this evening chatting with you all. If anyone is in need of me calling the action, I’ll be glad to oblige, but you have to speak up. If not, no problemo. I’m calling this game tonight 7-5 Birds in an unexpected high scoring affair. With KsCardFan in attendance, I don’t see how we could possibly come up on the short end of the stick this evening. Also, if our very own esteemed RatsBuddy and the highly regarded Bill James do not inhabit the same family tree, I would be shocked. They both are pure genius’ at putting the statistical complexities of this great game into a layman’s format that even a third grader could grasp. Keep em coming, Rat!

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

I’m at Z Top concert tonight in Arkansas. If you could update the score some I would appreciate it.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Have fun at the Amp kscardfan. I have been there numerous times already this summer. It is fun.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Milwaukee downs Tampa Bay again today by the score of 5-3. We need a win to stay just one half game behind. Then we head to Connie Mack Stadium for a three game weekend series with the Phillies. And at the same time, Milwaukee is in Pittsburgh to play the Pirates a four game set at Forbes Field.

Tough days ahead the next two weeks.

Din-din today was a trip to the Amish restaurant. Roast beef, fried chicken, fish, mashed potatoes/gravy, dressing, green beans, noodles, blackberry cobbler, sweet iced tea, and chocolate soft serve ice cream. And right before the trip to the Amish restaurant I ran across the hot post office gal out delivering mail. Pulled up next to her and we chatted. I dropped a hint or two..:)

r/Esteemed Rat

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Every time we face Alcantera one of Mo’s wonks should be heaved overboard chained to his computer.

And asking Capel to debut at the plate against the Cy frontrunner is demented.

CarolinaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Any reason why Capel is DHing and Yepez is in the field?

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yepez in LF with Capel as the DH. Having never seen Capels D, I wanted to assume he is better than Yepez in LF. That sound right to you prospect guru’s?

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

What CC said.

bccran
    Participant

#6-#9 in our lineup doesn’t look too potent. Low fwMAR for all 4. Din-din tonight will be seared Marlin.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Maybe has to do with Capel LH and Yepez RH, and maybe what the bench consists of? In Ollie land there might be somethng there. Can’t think of any other possibilities.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Din din is blackened catfish fillets with cajun cream sauce. Homemade cheddar bay biscuits. Strawberry Rhubarb pie with homemade whipped cream. Some veggies probably but who cares.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Some veggies probably but who cares.

I think to a man, we all care here at The Cardinal Nation, Bling. You know, I usually always find Bling’s din-dins to be absolutely marvelous. Bling’s din-dins are totally first rate. But, tonight that is not the case. I’ve never even attempted to indulge in catfish, as they’re basically scum sucking bottom dwellers. Just the thought of eating one makes me a bit uneasy. But so very many people love them, so they must be tasty. And rhubarb. As a kid we ate tons of rhubarb that we just pulled out of the garden and devoured raw. It tasted pretty raspy, but all the kids ate it, so I did likewise. I vividly remember the taste and kind of react exactly how Lloyd did in Dumb & Dumber”, when he accidentally chugged a tall glass of his buddy’s urine.

Have fun at the ZZ Top concert, KsCardFan. Those dudes have to be well in their 70’s by now, but so many of these groups from the 60’s & 70’s are amazingly still doing concerts.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

No score as we head to the Miami 3rd. Neil Pallante with 25 pitches thru 2 innings.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

DeLaCrux with a 2 out double that hit right at the base of the center field wall on a fly. Then Pallante induces Berti to ground out to extinguish the threat.

J Mack
    Participant

Free

Have i inadvertantly stumbled on to the gay Cardinals Forum in some alternative Universe?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

On looks and demeanor alone, this Alcantara fellow looks Cy Youngish. How in blazes could we have let this guy go? That move right there will cost us at least one world series trophy over these next 10 years…..and that’s huge.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

There is your run Mr. Pallante, make it hold up.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

No the official scorer got it right…..the Donovan grounder to 1st base was an error and not a hit. Carlson with a sac fly to right catapults the Birds to a 1-0 advantage here in the bottom of the 3rd.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

PugsleyAddams is just Z Top now Ne passedpassed last July 28. Catfish is a damned good item by the way One of my favorites. Had flathead a few weeks ago that would knock ur socks off Bottom scum just adds protein

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.