2022 Cardinals MLB Game 73 thread – Friday, June 24 vs. Cubs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 73 thread – Friday, June 24 vs. Cubs

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Just one piece of advice, gang……..the apple never really falls all that far from the tree. And for all of our Apple-less 🍎 subscribers, now that our series in Milwaukee has concluded, there’s a pretty fair chance that good ole’ Pugs will be riding high in the PBP saddle tonight. So turn off those radios, televisions and computers and tune in right here. The only thing you’ll need to enjoy all of the action is your eyes, plenty of libations and one heck of an imagination. Let’s play a little baseball shall we?

Cards667
    Participant

Free

Jeez! I thought Dan annoyed me. This game is going to be watched on mute!! Luckily the wife is an apple phone user and was able to use her ID to log in to watch, but definitely not listen. Dan, I’ll never speak ill of you again.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Lineup changed from earlier

1. Tommy Edman (S) SS
    2. Nolan Gorman (L) 2B
    3. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    4. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    5. Brendan Donovan (L) LF
    6. Juan Yepez (R) DH
    7. Dylan Carlson (S) RF
    8. Harrison Bader (R) CF
    9. Andrew Knizner (R)

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cards facing 6’3 32 year old Kyle Christian Hendricks this evening. “Hendo” was originally drafted by the Angels in Round #39 of the 2008 draft, but instead opted to attend Dartmouth college in beautiful Hanover, New Hampshire. He sports a lifetime mark of 85-60 with a 3.44 ERA, but this is not the same Kyle Hendricks that St. Louis has dreaded facing over the past decade. Do his struggles continue this evening or does Hendricks see red when facing his arch rivals and continue his dominance over the Cardinals? But before Hendricks takes the hill, Neil Pallante of St. Louis and his sparkling 1.69 ERA gets his turn……here we go.

Morel strikes out swinging on a curve off the outside corner.

Contreras grounds it rather slowly to Tommy Edman’s right at short stop…..gloves it and fires a one hopper into Goldy’s waiting mitt at 1st base for the out.

Happ grounds out to Goldy at 1st base unassisted to retire the side.

Cards 0
    cubs 0

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I will not be tuning in but checking gamecast. Any PBP would be appreciated.

Din din is charcoal grilled burgers with all the fixins. Lady Bling has a peach cobbler in the oven and I’m sure there is vanilla ice cream to go with it.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 1.

Edman sends a routine fly ball out to Morel in center….one out.

Gorman pops out to the 3rd baseman Wisdom in shallow left field all not that far off the chalk.

Goldy grounds out to Wisdom at 3rd base.

Cards 0
    cubs 0

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Hoerner a two run dinger in the 2nd on a hanging curve. 2-0 Cubs in the 2nd.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Three straight groundouts by the Cubs after the Hoerner dong. 2-0 Cubs heading to the last of the 2nd.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 2.

Wisdom bangs a hard grounder past Arenado at 3rd and out into left field for a base hit.

Hoerner cranks a long fly ball to left…. Donovan takes a couple of strides towards the wall and then says forget about it as that one lands into the seats for a 2 run homer.

Gomes grounds out to Gorman at 2nd base.

Bote hits a chopper out to Edman at short and Tommy will glove it and throw him out.

Heyward grounds out to Gorman at 2nd.

cubs 2
    Cards 0

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hey Rat…..want to handle the cubbie at bats and me the Cards?

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Cannot Pugs. Have a big cigar and I have to sit back here at my computer desk to watch this. Plus I won’t stay at the computer all during the game. Just do your best. You can do it. “During times of crisis great men will rise” – John F. Kennedy during the Cuban Missile Crisis, October 1962.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 2.

Arenado lofts a fly to deep right field… Heyward drifts back to the track where he takes an unnecessary little hop and catches it for the out.

Donovan hits a comebacker to Hendricks and he’ll handle that grounder with total ease and toss it on over to Rivals at 1dt base for out #2 here in the Redbird 2nd.

Pez on 3-2 dumps a short fly into left-center field that the left fielder Happ dives for, but does not come up with it cleanly, but they nail Pez at 2nd base trying to turn his single into a double.

cubs 2
    Cards 0

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 3.

Rivas grounds out to Arenado at 3rd base.

Morel goes the other way and pokes a little liner into right field for a base hit.

Contreras on 3-2 walks on a fairly decent looking pitch, the 11th pitch he saw in the at bat.

Happ …yes!….raps into a tailor made 6-4-3 DP.

cubs 2
    Cards 0

** Great PBP pep talk, Rat! It almost made me trade my PBP mic in for a tall glass of Wild Turkey straight up……but then remembered that Bling needs the call of the action this evening.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Cubs get two on and one out in the 3rd but Happ bounces into a 643 DP and that’s that.

2-0 Cubs heading to the last of the 3rd at Sportsmans Park.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

It’s starting to look like Cy Hendricks again tonight.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 3.

Carlson foul tips into into the catcher Gomes’ big round glove for strike 3. I’m not sure if the Cardinals are aware of this, but Kyle Hendricks has been getting royally drilled this year.

Bader grounds out to Wisdom at 3rd, who ranged wayyy over near SS to glove the bal.

Knizner flies out to Happ in left.

cubs 2
    Cards 0

Bob Reed
    Participant

Free

“It’s starting to look like Cy Hendricks again tonight.”

No kidding. Rinse & repeat. Career ERA by opponent:

Cincy 4.47
    Pitt. 3.79
    Milw. 3.54
    Cards 2.82 (and a 12-3 record)

They’ve had, what, 6 or 7 years to figure out some kind of way to hit his soft-tossing crap. And nothing.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Cubs were on the verge of having a big inning in the top of the 4th. Two on, one out, 3-0 on the batter. But Pallante came back and got him on a flyball to RF and then Haywood Hale Brune flied to Bader in center.

2-0 Cubs heading to the last of the 4th. Top of the order due up for the Redbirds.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 4. Pallante starts the inning at 40 pitches.

Wisdom grounds out to Edman at short.

Hoerner laces a base hit to left and the cub shortstop seems to enjoy the offerings that Neil Pallante is serving up.

Gomes lines a base hit to center with Hoerner stopping at 2nd base.

Bote on 3-2 flies out to Carlson in very deep right field…. Hoerner scampers on over to 3rd base on the play.

Heyward …. batting .162 with runners in scoring position this year…..and as his modus operandi dictates, registers an out by flying out to Harrison Bader in center field.

cubs 2
    Cards 0

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

On a good note…..Toronto leads Milwaukee 5-0 in the 3rd at County Stadium. No word on whether Front Row Amy is in attendance.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 4. Hendricks starts the inning with a very pitching efficient 33 pitches under his belt.

Edman grounds it down to Rivas at 1st base and he’ll underhand feed his pitcher for the out.

Gorman flies out routinely to Heyward in right field.

Goldy walks on 4 consecutive pitches out of the zone.

Arenado on 1-2 hits it a country mile, but unfortunately way wide left of the left field foul pole. Nolan skies out to Morel in center.

cubs 2
    Cards 0

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Happ doubles into leftcenter. 3-0 Cubs now. 2nd and 3rd, one out. Maddux to the mound. This one is about to get blown open.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Dodged a bullet for the time being there. Wisdom had me nervous.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Too many blank screens, too many freezes. I am outta here.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 5. Pallante sitting at 55 pitches as this 5th inning commences.

Rivas grounds out 1-3.

Morel on 3-2 walks on a hard one just a titch low.

Contreras blisters a base hit to left with the speedy Morel not venturing past 2nd base. And Pallante has been getting into trouble almost every inning thus far here this evening.

Happ whacks a double to left-center field….Morel scores to make it 3-0 with Contreras moving over to 3rd.

Wisdom grounds it to Edman at short and he fires it home where Knizner runs down Contreras for the out…..much better situation now with cubs at 1st & 2nd with 2 out.

Hoerner walks and now the bases are crammed with cubs.

Gomes grounds out to Arenado at 3rd and that inning could have been much much worse Ok time to get these chumps!

cubs 3
    Cards 0

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.