2022 Cardinals MLB Game 73 thread – Friday, June 24 vs. Cubs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 73 thread – Friday, June 24 vs. Cubs

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

7:15 p.m.
    RHP Andre Pallante (2-2, 1.69) RHP Kyle Hendricks (2-6, 5.43)
    Apple TV+ // KMOX // WIJR

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Plain and simple the Cubs are one of the worst teams in baseball this year. I know they always get fired up to play us due to being rivals but if we want to win the division we need to sweep teams like them.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Maybe we will let our frustrations over the years out on Cy Hendricks on Friday. But until it happens, I remain wary.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

. .logging on with my Apple music account info via my Roku. .

Um . . . I’m pretty sure there is some kind of Ruku thing on the shelf of electronic stuff next to the TV, and I’m pretty sure I’ve seen a thumbnail for it somewhere on my computer or phone. I’m betting one of my grandkids has an Apple music account, so I’ll have to cut a deal.

Mrperkins
    Participant

Free

Haven’t had a chance to see any games since Harrera has been up. How is his game-calling/framing going? Many shakeoffs? And pitches in the dirt–how is looking?

GameCard
    Participant

Free

I don’t use any Apple products so I don’t have an account. The last time they did this(I don’t like it when I pay to watch the Cardinals on MLB.TV) I tried to create an Apple account but it was frustrating so I gave up.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

I don’t know how he grades out defensively. To me there is quite a bit of work to do. He’s not real smooth back there, and that’s not comparing him to Molinaz, that’s comparing him to Knizner. His D doesn’t look bad, but he’s clearly going to have to hit and isn’t a defensive first catcher.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

Apologies to those who don’t have the Apple TV, but it might actually be a good thing for me since we don’t the the $$$$$$$ Ricketts Network and mlb.tv blacks out mlb.tv. I wonder if Apple will be blacked out too?

ZTR
    Participant

Free

So, how many games are we getting ripped off for? I paid for the MLB subscription which I believe advertises ‘watch every game’. It seems like this is the 3rd Friday night Cards game to be on Apple….

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Again, you shouldn’t have to pay for the Apple TV game, though it could be a challenge to access it. I wanted to give folks advance notice so you can try ahead of time to get in. It has worked for me.

P.S. I am not defending MLB, but it has long been established that they care about money, not fans. To that end, I am guessing the same ridiculous blackouts will apply to this game.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Cubs get Pallante-Miko-Flaherty. Pallante has kept the Cards in the game. Mikolas has pitched well in June. (the best of our starters) but Flahery is iffy and we don’t know when or if we’ll see our past ace stand tall.

On June 23rd who had Nootbaar in right, Carlson in center and Yepez in left field in the starting OF pool? Oh and Herrera catching. Things in the clubhouse change so often. In the 50s and 60s you more or less knew what the lineup would be for every game. Players took the field with minor injuries in those days. The bench players usually only pinch hit or replaced starters in blowouts, and sometimes got a rare start.

Oliver
    Participant

Free

I am in NJ so I am blackout from the Mets, Yankees and Phillies. When those three have their games on Apple TV I cant watch. No blackouts.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I have Apple TV so I can watch the game but since it is internet based the reception sometimes isn’t smooth.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

We are in Fla and get almost all Marlins and Rays on cable live. Thats on cable. I stream Cards off sports streaming site which us on a 2 to 5 minute delay which has a blurry picture but good audio. You need only internet connection which I get with cable. The apple coverage will be on there. Looks like Apple buys the game exclusive broadcast from mlb.I started to get the last one from apple supposedly for free but stopped when they wanted my credit card information.I don’t do that. Its really a promotion to sell you tv and sports packages. I’m cheap but may get mlb just to see with a better pic. I would be highly unhappy about paying for mlb and then having to mess around with apple to get the game.
    I’ve only seen Herrera in one game last night.That long throw from Nooty to catch a run at the plate was way off line too far up towards third to tag the runner , maybe not his fault and he didn’t catch it anyway. They are hoping he can hit but had only a slightly better BA than Knizner in the minors so I guess we will see.Touted as the catcher of the future I hear.
    Din-din will be the beef steak I didn’t cook last night. Go Cardinals!

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Wooster, check the screen carefully when they ask for your credit card info. You should be able to opt out and just watch the game telecast.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Ok Thanks Brian

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Tommy Edman (S) SS
    2. Nolan Gorman (L) 2B
    3. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    4. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    5. Brendan Donovan (L) LF
    6. Juan Yepez (R) DH
    7. Dylan Carlson (S) RF
    8. Harrison Bader (R) CF
    9. Ivan Herrera (R) C

bccran
    Participant

Right shoulder impingement……..lol.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

There’s about 5 million reasons why he’ll be back.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

The apple tv free trial is easy to access. I watched last time. And have it setup for this time. Didn’t have to give a credit card.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

With the wife being a huge Colorado Avalanche fan we will be tuned in to the Stanley Cup finals, so even if this game was available the regular way, which for me is mlb.tv thru Roku, I would not see much of it.

At a small pub enjoying a Friday happy hour brew right now. Rode the bike to work, part way anyway, and will finish this and head on home.

I see this one going into the L column with Kyle “Jimi”Hendricks throwing purple haze at us and us being the victim of the voodoo child. But hey Joe, we will bounce back to take the next two.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well boys you are going to have to carry on this weekend without me. I’m down ony favorite place the Smokies this weekend, going to see my boy Alan Jackson in Knoxville tomorrow night. So let’s get the bats going. Go cardinals

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I checked and I have an Apple ID/Password. It appears to have let me in. I might be able to tune in after all but I will have to sit in my back bedroom where my computer is.

Game starts in 1 hour and 20 minutes so I better go water the landscaping, jog, then jump in the tub – all real quick.

r/Esteemed Rat

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

I jogged just a bit ago. To the air fryer and freezer for wings. Pregame meal.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years