2022 Cardinals MLB Game 70 thread – Tuesday, June 21 at Brewers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 70 thread – Tuesday, June 21 at Brewers

Viewing 24 posts - 26 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Wooster
    Participant

Free

Gorman dinger! Yowza!

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wth, we’re bringing in Verhagen?

J Mack
    Participant

Free

Jack wil be going to Peoria soon, where he belongs. I’d like to see him try wearing his BLM shirt there. It wouldn’t be tolerated. They’re calling Peoria Chiefs “high” A now whatever that means.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

There is high A ball teams and low A ball teams. Just a different level of play

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

J Mack, I know it’s easy pickings to go after the political leanings of players. I don’t agree with Flaherty’s politics either, but I feel like it’s best to stick to talking about his baseball exploits here. We need him to pitch better or our season is probably toast.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Gorman gets a meatball and 2nd dinger this game! Sanchez now reveals a third pitch a slider hes been saving. Baders getting short changed by the ump since he showed him up on strike zone in 3rd inning.Keeps calling a ball on upper zone a strike on him.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Flaherty would do better to stick to baseball- just my personal opinion.Hes got plenty of that to work on right now

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I disagree with Flaherty over how soon he thinks young players should get paid. He’s been paid this year for being hurt or unproductive.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Gorman picked a good game to rake. Didn’t see much of him, but I guess Flaherty just isn’t ready yet? Pen better hold this one.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Knizner is really blowing his chance to be a starter next year. I thought he was going to be a hit tool first catcher. I think Olly needs to see what Herrera can do.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I wonder how many solo homers Gorman has hit between AAA and St Louis? Bad luck.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

I don’t think “hold” is much of meaningful stat, but Gallegos just did a great job of holding the Brewers.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Bunching singles to get another run in the 8th. You don’t see three consecutive singles often in MLB these days.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

That was a sweet inning for us. Love to see that.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well good that we’ve expanded the lead. Umpire has been very inconsistent with his calls. Some balls that are close and not so close he is calling strikes, while others that are in exact same spot or closer he is calling balls. Very hard to get comfortable as a hitter.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Hey Knizner got a hit! I’m pulling for him- hard job playing catcher!

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t really understand bringing helseley in here with a 4 run lead. I mean I don’t generally have an issue with it but I do in context with what marmol said the other day about not using him vs red Sox when it was close. He said he won’t use him when we are behind. But he will use him when we have a 4 run lead. Just silly. Best to use him when he can do the most good. Even average pitchers can pitch with a 4 run lead. I understand with the pitchers he has already used tonight why he is doing it but it just shows how bad a manager he is.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Is Helsley pitching a second inning? That would all but take him out of the next 2 games.

Mrperkins
    Participant

Free

J Mack is just a Pirate fan troll. He tried to start crap in Flaherty’s first start. Just ignore him. Guess he has to come here because he can’t find any other Pirates fans. Aside from Baders hair, which some of us consider flowing while others liken to a darn hippee, we do a pretty decent job keeping politics out. Get lost J Mack

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I guess it’s ok to pitch helsley two innings tonight. Just rediculous. Great win but just a joke of a manager.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Can Helsley pitch Thursday?

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I would expect a pitching addition tomorrow.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Bull pen was great tonight. Just 1 hit given up after Flahertys start. 11 hits more than half by the top of the order. Gorman 4 for 4. Rubber game tomorrow. Go Cardinals!

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It is obvious Flaherty needed more time in AAA. We would have been better off with Woody for a couple weeks. He doesn’t seem ready physically or mentally. There are probably multiple factors behind why that didn’t happen. I am glad we won, but the pen suffered and that will not help in the next few games.

It was good to see Knizner and Noot get on base.

Viewing 24 posts - 26 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years