2022 Cardinals MLB Game 70 thread – Tuesday, June 21 at Brewers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 70 thread – Tuesday, June 21 at Brewers

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 49 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

7:10 p.m.
    RHP Jack Flaherty (0-0, 6.00) vs. LH Aaron Ashby (1-5, 4.25)
    BSM // KMOX
    Also BSSE and BSSW+

Update: Brewers are pitching Chi Chi Gonzalez (0-0, 7.71).

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

If there was one game in this series you would have figured was a loss it was the one last night against Burnes. Ashby is not Burnes and hopefully Flaherty will on his game now that he’s got one start under his belt. I assume Pujols will be in the lineup against the lefty. Probably Yepez too since he had two hits against Burnes.

I am going to call this one 6-3 Redbirds with Arenado getting off the schneid with a ringing dinger in this one.

r/Esteemed Rat

p.s. At least Front Row Amy was in attendance last night. Hopefully she will be there again for this one.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

C’mon, c’mon, we’ve got to shake it up tonight and start swinging those bats again while they’ve still got some vitamins. Flaherty will no doubt need some cushion. Let’s have a young guy mashfest! Rah Cardinals!

Speaking of young guys, din-din will be, as specially requested by grandkids arriving tonight from Texas, Cantaloupe, Cif’s famous spinach and Boursin quiche, a scrumptious salade and finished off with some creamy rice pudding. These youngsters have been wearing out their lungs lately cheering Nolan Ryan’s somewhat mediocre Round Rock Express.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Uh oh……one of those no-name pitchers. That means he will turn into Cy Gonzalez tonight and baffle the Cardinal batters. If we aren’t careful we are going to be four games behind after Thursday’s afternoon game.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

It could be a game by committee tonight. Flaherty didn’t go too far last time.
    Din-din will be Taco Tuesday from taco bell. Didn’t see Pugs last night but don’t know what he looks like. Amy was a far away shot and looked mysterious. Black dress w dark sunglasses.
    Be good to see some offense tonight.Brewers defense was a bit sloppy last night.Maybe we can take advantage of that.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Wooster? Front Row Amy had on an orange dress in the front row last night. It wasn’t black. Are we talking the same gal here?

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Tommy Edman (S) SS
    2. Brendan Donovan (L) 1B
    3. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    4. Juan Yepez (R) DH
    5. Nolan Gorman (L) 2B
    6. Dylan Carlson (S) RF
    7. Harrison Bader (R) CF
    8. Lars Nootbaar (L) LF
    9. Andrew Knizner (R) C

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This is how many days ago the reliever pitched and how many pitches thrown. It goes back 5 days.

Genesis Cabrera (L) 0 26 0 0 x
    T.J. McFarland (L) 0 0 14 7 x
    Johan Oviedo (R) 23 0 0 0 x
    Zack Thompson (L) 0 0 50 0 x
    Drew VerHagen (R) 0 30 0 0 x
    Nick Wittgren (R) 0 0 0 30 x

Copy and paste from baseballpress.com

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Something up with Goldschmidt? He just had a day off last week if I recall. What’s going on?

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cards667
    Participant

Free

Kinda figured something was up when he was moved from 1B to DH shortly before last night’s game started.
    Been on the road for work all day and just got home. Going to grab dinner with my dad while he’s in town and should be home just in time to catch the game.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It appears we will need bullpen tonight for 3 or 4 innings. I’ll be surprised if Flaherty gets past 5 innings.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

O’Neill was starting to come around and then went down with an injury. Wish we had him here in Brew-town.

I believe this pitcher for the Crew started against us in a game I saw at Coors last year when he was with the Rox. A journeyman that we should get some runs off of, but can Flaherty keep them off the board is the question to be answered.

Din-din here is a leftover macaroni casserole and a couple of cheddar bay biscuits as the wifey spent all afternoon with a girl friend and they had an early dinner out around 4. But I am not complaining. Our leftovers are better than a lot of folk’s firsts, plus it is better she was catching-up with a girl friend than a boy friend.

Go Cards!

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

To me this is a game we have to win. We don’t need it but if we are a really a good team, we win this game easy.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I haven’t really gotten my appetite back and everything tastes like it needs salt, but adding salt doesn’t help. Oh well, maybe I’ll lose a few pounds.

I was hoping Burleson would get the call, but I guess the 40 man moves were not what Mo wanted to do just now.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well, Jack is stinking it up right off the bat.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Maddux out, Jack can’t get it over the plate. 2-2 now.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well flaherty still average at best and I’m stretching it a bit. He clearly needs to be pitching in the minors at this point. We have guys that can pitch better than he is right now. This isn’t April and may anymore.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well could have been worse. This looks like it may be a bullpen game though unless things pivot fast.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well he gave up the lead but its 2-2 after 1. Around 30 pitches I think.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

At least their pitcher didn’t do too great either. Maybe we can rack up some runs.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Must not have seen Amy last night Rats. Somebodyelse I guess. Pugs is supposed to be at this series. Just started watching the game. See they moved Bader to 7th from 9th.Should do better tonight.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I am agreeing that something is wrong with Jack. 5 walks already. They better get Liberatore up here ASAP.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Flarhety pitched his way out of consecutive walks. Hes not 100% so is he better than if we had somebody else pitching tonight? Its not whats best for Jack- whats best for the team? Goldys had back stuff before- hope hes ok!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 49 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.