2022 Cardinals MLB Game 69 thread – Monday, June 20 at Brewers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 69 thread – Monday, June 20 at Brewers

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

20 pitches for Miles

Cards 0
    Brewers 0

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Arenado F9
    Gorman K looking
    Yepez stand up double
    Carlson BB
    Bader K

37 pitches

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Burnes 61 pitches, Mikolas 57 after 4 IP

Cards 0
    Brewers 0

Cards667
    Participant

Free

Somebody tell Dan Ashby was put on the IL today and won’t be starting tomorrow night.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yepez K
    Carlson 5-3
    Bader 6-3

78 pitches

Bob Reed
    Participant

Free

Just to briefly elaborate on my earlier comment, here are the career OPS splits for Genesis Cabrera as a reliever, arranged by days of rest:

6+ days of rest: .584 OPS allowed
    5 days: .457
    4 days: .603
    3 days: .564
    2 days: .555
    1 day: .579

O days: .865

As they say on Sesame Street, one of these things is not like the others. And with our boy manager, he oughta know the Sesame Street songbook.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Mikolas 79 pitches

Cards 0
    Brewers 2

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Finally get a break- lead off walk to Knizner…

1982 willie
    Participant

Well had to mow lawn but recorded game. Caught up now. Burnes is throwing really good. Mikolas has as well but gave up the big banger. Top of lineup has been really quiet lately. Knizner just walked so maybe they can strike now.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Looks like we’re taking full counts to wear burns down a litte. Edman moves him over. Donovan needs to move him over

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Thats a passed ball why isn’t Knizner on third dang it!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Being timids not gonna win this game. C’mon man! Burns puts his pants on just like everybodyelse!

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Knizner BB
    Edman 3U
    Donovan K
    Goldy F4

92 pitches

forsch31
    Participant

Free

I hope this is the last inning for Mikolas. He appears to be tiring a little and he threw a lot of pitches last Tuesday.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Gormans not following the ball to his bat with his eyes. Wonder how hes gonna hit it?

1982 willie
    Participant

Yepez has been the only one to really hit anything hard. They weren’t great pitches but there have been some other hittable pitches to other batters and they didn’t hit em.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Yeah Willie and hes a rh too. Its about seeing the ball. They say Nado keeps his head down. Thats because hes seeing the ball to the bat. Carlson and Bader have both watched strike 3 center zone go bye. Like we used to say: Gotta pull the trigger.

1982 willie
    Participant

Marmol always worrying about relievers arms and pitch counts but doesn’t seem to care how many pitches mikolas throws. Personally I think he shouldn’t have started this inning after how many he threw last time out.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Boy we got some defense going on!

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We really need for Flaherty to pitch like he can, and another arm or 2 in the bullpen.

1982 willie
    Participant

Yea Wooster, I agree. Edman didn’t pull the trigger on one either. Personally I know they went heavy lefty vs burnes but I really think righties have a better chance against him. Unless the lefties can do like Edmonds was talking about and lay off those inside cutters, it’s a tough matchup for them.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Burnes is a tough matchup period. One of the best in baseball.

1982 willie
    Participant

Tis true there kscardfan.

1982 willie
    Participant

Well we hold them here, we got two through four coming up though they haven’t done anything so far. I guess we will see hader if stays close.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Looking at Hader’s game logs from last year. Only gave up more than one run twice last year. Gave up two twice last July. Nothing beyond two. Anything’s possible .

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.