2022 Cardinals MLB Game 69 thread – Monday, June 20 at Brewers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 69 thread – Monday, June 20 at Brewers

Viewing 12 posts - 51 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If donovan can just get on, it can cause some issues for harder. Having a runner on can make a difference

Wooster
    Participant

Free

He is!!

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think Donovan beat it, in fact watching it again, I know he did

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Risky by Donovan there, it’s close. I don’t like running there. If we were down by one, maybe but shouldnt have went

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well this inning is putting a capper on the top of our lineup tonight. But gonna have those nights

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well we lost. Very good game though. Sad we couldn’t get mikolas off the hook. But burnes was tough and their bullpen I’d really good. I also think they needed this game more than we did with the injuries they have. Let’s get em tomorrow.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Pitching and great defense kept it close. Won it by a dinger. I’ll call it home field advantage.Tomorrow we’ll get the dinger!

Bob Reed
    Participant

Free

“Risky by Donovan there, it’s close. I don’t like running there. If we were down by one, maybe but shouldn’t have went.”

Exactly correct. His run is meaningless, so zero chances should be taken there. Just braindead baserunning. The team kangaroo court should fine him 1,000 bucks, if the union still allows such things.

Tied or down by one run, absolutely you take the chance because your run is incredibly valuable. But not down by multiple runs. No way. Man, I wanted to see Pujols bat there. Thanks for nothing, Donovan. (And yeah, he was safe. By about half an inch. Doesn’t matter, except it gives me just one more reason to despise replay.)

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well the funny thing there Bob, I was writing that as it was happening before they reversed the call at second. So I thought it was the wrong thing even thinking he had beat it. The only gain there is you more likely stay out of a double play but you got to know you are going to make it.

Bob Reed
    Participant

Free

“The only gain there is you more likely stay out of a double play but you got to know you are going to make it.”

Yup, you’ve got to know you’ll make it unless you slip on a banana peel. Heck, Goldy even waved him back toward first base. And speaking of first base, the 1B coach fell down in his duties if he didn’t remind Brendan how utterly unimportant his own run was. (Clapp, right? After all the nice things I said about him. Sigh.) Even if it had only been the 8th inning, it’s still a real bad play in my opinion. Seventh inning, grey area. Sixth or earlier, fine.

On the bright side, maybe just maybe there are some microscopic indications that Johan Oviedo won’t be 100% useless if converted to full-time bullpen work. Maybe? But even if that occurs, I’ll always wonder what would’ve happened with him — and especially Hicks — if they’d just been allowed to take an ordinary boring normal responsible development path as starting pitchers. Double sigh.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Yes, critical situational mistake by Donovan. Chalk it up to inexperience because he seems like a heady player and will learn from it. I also wondered if the base coach reminded him he’s not going anywhere down two runs with the sluggers coming up, unless a pitch gets well away from the catcher.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t fault Donovan for pushing it, base to base didn’t seem likely to succeed by that point.

Viewing 12 posts - 51 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.