2022 Cardinals MLB Game 68 thread – Sunday, June 19 at Red Sox

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 68 thread – Sunday, June 19 at Red Sox

Viewing 9 posts - 51 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    jj-cf-stl
    Participant

If you need 7 runs to win, again, you deserve to lose.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The thing about a loss is that a loss by 1 or 2 counts the same as getting blown out. Same way as a loss in April counts the same as a loss in September.

Nobody ever agrrees with me, but a season is not a marathon, its 162 sprints in a row.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well some lousy relief pitching today. Our hitting was kind of hit and miss for most of the game. Top of lineup didn’t do much today. Troubling since their pitcher looked very hittable but that’s the way it is sometimes. Just move onto the next game.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

What really had me scratching my head was bringing Drew Verhagen and his 5 ERA into the tight (3-1) ballgame in the 8th inning, when you have both Gallegos and Helsley ready and rearing to go. It’s been 5 says since Gallegos and Helsley pitched. We needed desperately to keep that deficit at only 2 runs.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

As soon as Mr. Walton gets the game threads up for the Milwaukee series I will add a comment or two.

r/Esteemed Rat

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

So true there pugs, I guess they figured if we brought those guys in, verhagen might have to pitch anyway this time with the pressure of a lead or a tie game if we came back.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Why was Verhagen the choice there? Its time to bring WAlsh back up. Never mind Walsh is on the DL.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The printout probably says don’t bring those guys in when we are behind. I seriously doubt its Marmol sending Mo a message, but it woudn’t hurt. “I’m going to play the guys you put on the roster, if they stink we will lose”.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Marmol said he’s not using gallegos except when we are ahead. Helsley only in tight situations. Says other guys have got to get the job done. That last part is the only part I agree with. Gallegos isn’t that great when we are ahead to only limit him to that. I really can’t blame verhagen. He’s the kind of pitcher you use when the outcome has been pretty much decided in my opinion

Viewing 9 posts - 51 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.