2022 Cardinals MLB Game 67 thread – Saturday, June 18 at Red Sox

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 67 thread – Saturday, June 18 at Red Sox

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 56 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:15 p.m.
    RHP Dakota Hudson (4-3, 3.29) vs. RHP Kutter Crawford (1-1, 5.74)
    FOX Network // KMOX

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Throw strikes Kenny Hudson. Kenny Hudson was my high school principal thru my sophomore year. We used to call him Quack. He got fired in the spring. Really wasn’t all that fair, what happened to him. Anyway, I always called Dakota by the name Kenny.

Throw strikes and work fast Kenny.

r/Esteemed Rat

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If I had called my high school principal “Quack”, I might still be doing Saturday detentions to this very day, Rat.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Not much on here yet. 5 something Era wonder if Cutters his name for a reason.In fact I bet cutters are really hard to hit. Pretty underwhelming game last night till the 9th inning. Too late to do much about the outcome. C’mon man we can beat these guys.
    Din-din will be my househod famous spaghetti and meat sauce with spicy Italian Sausages and garlic toast
    Go Cardinals!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wooster’s famed spaghetti and meat sauce, drenched with his special recipe spicy Italian sausages and with 4 pieces of his homemade garlic toast situated around each plate. Sorry gang, but not even one of Cardinal In France’s delicious din-dins is going to compete with Wooster for Din-din of The Day honors today. Well plated, Wooster!

And if no vehement objections exist, your’s truly should be riding high in the PBP saddle tonight, looking to make amends for last evening’s PBP debacle.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Just reading Wooster’s din-din plans has set my mouth to watering. Unfortunately I’ve already started in on tonight’s chicken breasts and mushrooms with cream sauce served with brown rice, so it’s too late for a change of plans. Also, it’s 106 degrees out there today (41C) and I’m not in the mood for a long stint in the kitchen. Will try to cool off later with some strawberries on vanilla I scream.

Our birds need to kick up this offense just a bit more and a bit sooner. I like what I see lately for the most part, but just a bit more would be nice to help this pitching. Rah Cardinals!

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We have to hope Hudson can give us a solid 6 innings tonight so we can turn it over to the Big 3 with a lead. Not much faith in the rest of the pen. Of course the offense needs to give us the lead.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

That’s right gscottar. One run through eight innings last night. I even said out loud a couple of times during the telecast that the offense was non-existent again. I wonder if it’s because so many hitters go up to the plate with the swing as hard as I can mentality. Hit a homerun mentality. And if I dont and I strike out who cares mentality.

Just put the bat on the ball, just put the ball in play and good things can happen.

r/Esteemed Rat

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

No Herrera? Ready to see him play.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A guy with a 32% K rate behind NA is not going to help him.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If the lineup scores 5 runs today, the entire game, do you expect them to win?

Or do you expect them to lose?

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Win today. I know too many Yankee fans. I tell them all the time the al is weak.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The good pen guys should be available.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Fyi, the lineup has scored 5 or more runs 32 times, which is 48% of our games.

5 runs half the time? Sign me up for more of that.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cards win and O’Neill goes yard. I hear you, Cardinal In France. Wooster’s din-din tonight is literally fit for a king. And your din-din isn’t exactly chopped liver as well, Cardinal In France. I’m having chicken myself tonight, though assuredly not as elegant as Cardinal In France’s. Accompanying it will be asparagus spears, baked potato (loaded to the gills with butter and sour cream) and a salad littered with only a gob of onions, cheddar cheese and 1000 Island dressing. And one quick aside. This past March, I started feeding a bunch of blueberries, black grapes, blackberries and raspberries to the local bird populace 3 or 4 mornings a week. Well, it hit me the other day that on the days that I feed the little sweeties, our Cardinals seem to win. Well I loaded them up good with munchies this morning, so this very well could be a lopsided Cardinal win tonight.

so_cal_cards_fan
    Participant

Free

Keep those PBP coming Pugs. And please send some Wooster meatballs my way. The wifey wants to know why I’m asking for spaghetti all of a sudden!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ha! Will do So-Cal. As far as Wooster’s famed spicy meatballs are concerned, I’ve been trying to weasel a batch of them out of him for a few weeks now, but still no word. Maybe you’re have better luck with him.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 1. Kutter Crawford dealing for the Bostonians tonight. I guess we don’t need to guess what this guy’s favorite pitch is.

Edman flies out routinely to Duran Duran in center field.

Donovan strikes out swinging on a 3-2…..you guessed it…..a cutter.

Goldy slaps a base hit past Devers at 3rd and out into left field for a hit.

Arenado on 3-2 ….thar she blows!…..hit wayyy back to left and long long gone…..2-0 Cards.

Gorman grounds it down to Dalbach at 1dt base and he’ll take it to the bag all by his lonesome to retire the side.

Cards 2
    Red Sox 0

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Going to miss another game tonight
    Down in Henderson KY for the blues festival..been too hot to go this week before but nice this evening. Game wasn’t on Bally’s anyway. Might be on local but don’t know since guide doesn’t show what’s on there so couldn’t record it. Have to check in online and here. Go red birds

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bling called it! Cha-Ching

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hudson utilizes a mere 9 pitches in setting the Red Sox down 1-2-3 in the 1st.

Willie opting for the Blues Brothers Festival over us tonight…..not sure how to take that?

Great call Blingster!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 2.

O’Neill goes the opposite way and grounds a 3-1 cutter from Kutter into right field for a base knock.

Carlson blisters a shot ….fair down the right field line and into the corner….. Bradley Jr. Scurries on over to pick it up as O’Neill is rounding on 3rd and sailing freely for home and he’ll score on the Dylan Carlson double….3-0 Good Guys.

Bader pop fouls out to the 1st baseman all not that far from home plate for the first out here in the Redbird 2nd.

Knizner hits a little infield popup that Devers jogs in a few yards from his position at 3rd base to glove for the out

Edman chops one over the mound and out to a charging Bogaerts who gloves it and fires it to 1st base to just barely nips Tommy for the out…at first glance, I thought we might be getting the safe call from the ump….I think I’d like to see the replay on that one, but the Cardinals do not question the call, so they must have got him.

Cards 3
    Red Sox 0

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Nice start tonight! I knew they could do it. Nado dinger brings in Goldy. Carlson double brings in O’Niel . So nice to not be playing from behind. Don’t let up now.
    I think I ate too much spaghetti! Hammy the wonder dog liked those runs too!

so_cal_cards_fan
    Participant

Free

The replay looked liked the ball beat Edman by a whisker.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 56 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.