2022 Cardinals MLB Game 65 thread – Wednesday, June 15 vs. Bucs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 65 thread – Wednesday, June 15 vs. Bucs

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:45 p.m.
    RHP Andre Pallante (2-0, 1.04) vs. RHP Roansy Contreras (1-1, 2.57)
    BSM // KMOX // WIJR
    Also BSSE and BSSW+

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hope flaherty looks sharp and hopefully no setbacks.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Looking at Flair going 3 innings strong, with Neil Pallante coming in for the following 4 frames. Then Genesis (properly pronounced “Hen-a-sis”) “Cabby” Cabrera pitching an excellent 8th and Helsley doing a number on Pittsburgh in the 9th to seal the deal. 5-4 Cards your final. What’s on tap for din-din one may ask? Baked cod, cole slaw, fries and strawberry shortcake drenched in whipped cream to top matters nicely off.

P.S. I know it’s silly, but upon great reflection, I can’t shake the feeling that Bader could have dove for “the ball” last night.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

Fingers crossed Jack and Pallante can give the Cards 9 innings. After using “the big three” on back to back days and two big series coming up, a day off is badly needed.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Goldy currently leads MLB in hits, batting average, on base, slugging, OPS, OPS+. He trails only Sandy Alcantara and Tommy Edman in bWAR (talk about a feather in the Cards scouting dept cap), and only Aaron Judge in fWAR. I’m so thankful that he’s a Redbird.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Great game by Mikolas last night! Lot of hits by the top half of our order last night but not much for the bottom? Hope we do well today too.
    Din-din will be roissere chicken sandwiches on seeded multi grain bread and some low salt chip’s with a big kosher dill. Yum-yum!
    Go Cardinals!

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well said stl25. If we could ever get Goldy and Arenado going at the same time this offense could be scary good.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pugs, bader did five. The only way he could maybe have caught it was to keep running straight ahead and making a incredible basket catch akin to Willie Mays famous catch but would have been even better. The only problem here is bader was a lot closer to wall and I don’t think he would have been able to stop from running full steam into it. So I’m glad he didn’t try to do that.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well said stl25. If we could ever get Goldy and Arenado going at the same time this offense could be scary good.

Or Goldy, Arenado, O’Neill and a non-void at catcher. I think the offense looks really solid going forward. Just need another high end SP.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

What kind of pitch county will Flaherty be on tonight? Assume around 75 which, as Pugs stated, is probably around a four inning outing. I expect five innings tonight at the most even if he is efficient and only thrown about 60-70 pitches thru five innings.

I am just wondering though……Is Flaherty being rushed back too soon? Will he end up back on the IL like Strasburg just did?

r/Esteemed Rat

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think I read where Flaherty would be limited to around 60 pitches before Pallante takes over.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ali Sanchez gets DFA’d. Makes sense. But it seems like there are more DFA’s now than there used to be. With two less teams
    in the Minors, they have to keep the line moving.

sjeff70
    Participant

Free

It’s Pittsburg so you’d think Flaherty would do well. Will be watching for fastball command.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

So Flaherty added and TWO pitchers demoted?

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Two demoted because we were allowed 27 for the doubleheader yesterday (I think).

GameCard
    Participant

Free

Tommy Edman is always the key.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Lineup is out…..

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Jack has given up two runs in the first, and the Pirates remain up to bat.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Can Flaherty pitch one more inning?

Cards667
    Participant

Free

Jack didn’t look good. Not only was the velocity down, command very poor, and slider not sharp, but his mechanics look very out of whack. Looks to be short arming and under a lot of pitches. I don’t know if the arm action was something purposely changed, as in going to the pitch lab and trying to remove stress and be more efficient. Up on the mound talking to himself a lot and could see him telling himself at the plate and not spinning off. Hopefully it’s just mechanical adjustments that can be ironed out and not compensation for a aching shoulder, coming from one that compensated myself for an aching shoulder by short arming a lot because big arm motion hurt way more.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

And I love this line up vs RHP, not the defensive alignment, but batting order. I’d personally prefer Yepez over O’Neill, but love 1-4 in that line up and think Gorman 5 is a good spot with Yepez/O’Neill and Carlson behind him. And Molina finally down 8 where he belongs.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Personally I didn’t see the need to bring flaherty up so soon. Let him get all these kinks worked out in the minors. Bringing guys up who can’t give us lots of innings just hurts the whole staff.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years