2022 Cardinals MLB Game 53 thread – Saturday, June 4 at Cubs (DH Game 1)

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 53 thread – Saturday, June 4 at Cubs (DH Game 1)

Viewing 19 posts - 26 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Jake Woodford pitching for St. Louis in the 6th….. let’s stay with the action shall we?

Madrigal walks on 4 straight offerings out of the zone.

Morel doubles to center with Madrigal stopping at 3rd and now we’re in a heap of trouble.

Contreras bounces it down to Arenado at 3rd who bobbles it once….make that twice..but he has Madrigal hung out to dry in between 3rd and home…..back & forth it goes but Knizner eventually applies the tag for the out, but the other two runners are able to move up to 2nd and 3rd.

Happ skies one out to right and this will be deep enough to bring Morel home from 3rd…and he will score with Contreras trudging into 3rd….4-1.

Schwindel pokes one into right for a hit and in prances Contreras with the 5th cub run….boy this Schwindel fella is hurting us badly.

Wisdom flies out to Nooty in straightaway center field.

cubs 5
    Cards 1

1982 willie
    Participant

Well Woodford has struggled here in the 6th. But I’m not blaming him. He’s been done wrong by this organization and I can’t blame him if his mind isn’t as focused as it should be. Gives up two runs to give the cubbies more wiggle room.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 7. Brandon Hughes on for Chicago. I don’t know about you guys, but I’m kind of glad seeing Swarmer on the pines vs on the hill.

Donovan lines a sizzler past Madrigal and out into right field for a leadoff base knock.

Pez ….come on Pez….this guy is going to whack a lot of home runs in this league…. let’s see one of them right here and right now. Pez on 3-2 strikes out swinging…..though it did take Hughes a whopping 12 pitches to finally get rid of the pesky Pez.

Bader spanks it out into center for a hit….. Donovan has to hold at 2nd and that base hit will send Mr. Hughes to the showers.

Pitching change:

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 7 (continued). Scott Effross center stage for Chicago.

Knizner strikes out swinging….ouch!

Albert ….is there any way that we can request a left handed pitcher for Albert? Albert walks and now the bases are bulging with Birds…..oh I’d give my left pinky for a long one here.

Edman…if Tommy could blast one here it could rekindle memories of another 2nd baseman in this epic team rivalry “The Sandburg Game” back in….was it ’84? Tommy on 3-2 ….. strikes out looking on a very debatable call! And unfortunately the scoreboard doesn’t budge this inning…..still 5-1 cubs

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Oviedo, 103 pitches to get through 5 innings. Base runners all over the place. Pretty much what we’ve seen before, and he has made no progress in AAA since then. Regrssion really. The pipeline is dry.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Maybe the Ed man can boink a salami here.

1982 willie
    Participant

Well the horrible umpiring continues. A ball three full inches off the plate is called a strike to get edman watching. Nice to have to pay the ump to get your wins or maybe the ump should be out out to pasture. Give me robot umpires.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Thanks ump! Called strike three six inches off the plate with bases jammed.

GameCard
    Participant

Free

That was a terrible call…that umpire should lose his job.

1982 willie
    Participant

Nice to see marmol come out there. Managers have to stick up for their guys. A pitch hits the corner and he calls it a ball. Just horrible.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

And now Marmol must have got word regarding the inaccuracy of Edman’s called third strike, as he’s throwing a tizzy down in the Cards dugout…oh oh hide the children as I just distinctly heard the “F” word coming out of Olli’s mouth….and now he’s making a beeline straight towards Dreckman, the home plate ump….and Marmol is not going to be long for this one….if he’s not careful they may not let him back for Game 2 also….. he’s as hot as an agitated hornet….and he’s rung up….thrown out.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 8. Rowan Wick on for Chicago.

Gorman…..very quiet day….0-3 matter of fact. Lines a shot to left….but Happ runs it down for the out.

Goldy strikes out swinging.

Arenado cues a slow roller out to 2nd where Madrigal gloves it and throws him out at 1st base to retire the side.

cubs 5
    Cards 1

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Chicago plates another tally in the bottom of the 8th, making it 6-1 cubs. But there’s no great mystery as to how this series is going to conclude…..Cards will prevail in the second game of this twin bill and then win again tomorrow to win this series 3-2.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 9. Wick still dealing for the north siders.

Donovan on 3-2 walks.

Pez strikes out swinging on the minimum number of pitches it takes to do so.

Bader on 3-2 goes the other way and lines into right, where it drops just in front of Frazier…..Donovan won’t test his arm as he stays put at 2nd.

Knizner strikes out swinging.

Albert bounces it down to Wisdom at 3rd and he’ll simply take a couples steps towards the bag and step on it to put an end to this ballgame.

Final Score:

Chicago cubs 6
    St. Louis Cardinals 1

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It seems like every time we score a lot of runs, the next game the bats go silent. You can darn near book it with Vegas.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Why do I have this unsatisfied feeling?

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We need Graceffo to hurry up and arrive.

1982 willie
    Participant

Well it went about the way I figured it would. Our offense was on lite side, predictable when facing a pitcher first time for us anyway. Though we had more chances than you think and the umpiring didn’t help any. Pitching wise, Oviedo pitched exactly the way he always has, lots of pitches and walks but as with a lot of pasta games, he looks like he’s close to turning a corner to being an excellent pitcher but it just seems to be fools gold. Hopefully we pick it up next game but I’m still worried about our starter even though I really like pallante. The fact our bullpen is rested is good though

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It is a good thing that our bullpen is rested. Oviedo wasn’t very good, but we have to score more than a run to help him. And Oviedo did give us innings. Also Thompson pitched well yesterday.

Viewing 19 posts - 26 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.