2022 Cardinals MLB Game 53 thread – Saturday, June 4 at Cubs (DH Game 1)

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 53 thread – Saturday, June 4 at Cubs (DH Game 1)

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

12:20 p.m.
    TBA vs. TBA or RHP Matt Swarmer (0-0, 1.50)
    BSM // ESPN+ // MLBN // KMOX
    Also BSSO and BSSW+

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well that sounds about right. Let’s just screw Woodford again. I don’t care what numbers say, I’ll take Woodford over Oviedo every day. He can go out there and throw a perfect game today and it won’t change my mind. It just tells me we have too many people up top that dont have a clue.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Cards homered 5 times yesterday, and ex-Cardinals added at least another 4. Wisdom looks like a legitimate star in those “Wrigleyville” uni’s (what was with those anyway?), while Tommy Lane, aka Lane Thomas, jacked three for Washington.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Wind was blowing out yesterday. Surprising Cubs couldn’t capitalize on that like they used to do. I’ve seen them wear those uniforms before for one of those special days. Must be for Wrigleys chewing gum. Had some fun small ball innings yesterday. Good to see our guys winning and enjoying the game too. Go Cardinals!

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Tommy Edman (S) SS
    2. Nolan Gorman (L) 2B
    3. Paul Goldschmidt (R) DH
    4. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    5. Brendan Donovan (L) 1B
    6. Juan Yepez (R) LF
    7. Lars Nootbaar (L) CF
    8. Andrew Knizner (R) C
    9. Corey Dickerson (L) RF

Johan Oviedo (R)

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

I’m about to sit down to a din=din of chili and cornbread, with a green salad for vitamin content. Should finish just in time for first pitch, so I’ll bring my bowl of raspberries in front of the screen.

Today’s lineup looks mostly good. Could quibble a slot or two but I think this one will do the job. Another 14 runs would enhance the pleasure. Rah Cardinals!

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Are the Cubs starting the same guy in both games, that Matt Swarmer? That’s what both threads indicate.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well defensively, a very weak lineup. Hopefully they can hit more than they give up. But our pitching is iffy too so I’m not counting on it

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

When do we anticipate Carlson and O’Neill being back with the team?

Cards667
    Participant

Free

I vote never on O’Neill. Just let Donovan play LF and Yepez DH and vs. LHP Yepez in LF and Pujols DH.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Both O’Neill and Carlson began their rehabs last night.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wonderful rendition of our national anthem, but we could have a gotten a third game in here today in the time that it took the vocalist to sing the word “freeeeeeeeeeee…”

Your Pugsaronias is finishing up some work, but should be riding high in the PBP saddle within the hour.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Pugs? Jasper lost to New Albany 5-2 in the baseball Regional earlier today. Their season is over. Kind of disappointing.

r/Esteemed Rat

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

It’s all that iron hanging around Oviedo’s neck that is throwing off balance.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 3. This Swarmer fellow….I would have loved seeing him face Houston’s Killer Bees from about 20 years ago….hard to believe it’s been that long.

Knizner strikes out swinging, Swarmer’s 4th K.

Albert grounds out to Hoerner at short.

Edman on the first pitch attempted to catch the cubbies off guard by bunting down the 3rd baseline, but it veered foul. Tommy grounds it right up the middle, but Hoerner was right there waiting for the ball, and he gloves it and flings it over to Schwindel at 1st to retire the side.

cubbies 1
    Cards 0

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Very sorry hearing of your upstart Jasper squad falling to that spunky unit out of New Albany, Rat. After the game, put in an episode of Perry Mason and you’ll forget all about it.

Oviedo now at 62 pitches with 2 out here in the bottom of the 3rd.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Knizner a bit too nonchalant for my liking in catching that foul pop-up. Oviedo keeps them off the scoreboard, though he does have more pitches(69) in the last hour than Tony Robbins could ever dream of accruing in such a short period of time.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 4.

Gorman strikes out swinging.

Goldy with his walk in his first at bat now has 40 consecutive games reaching base…..he has a way to go in setting the record though…..Ted Williams had 84 straight games reaching base…..Goldy grounds out to Hoerner at short.

Arenado on 3-2 pops out to Madrigal at 2nd and believe it or not, this Swarmer fellow has us no hit thru 4 frames……we have to get this guy, his stuff is not that electrifying.

cubs 1
    Cards 0

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Once again the cubbies threaten in the 4th, but come up empty handed. This game thus far has all the feel of Chicago leading 5-0…..but luckily it’s only 1-0.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Stepped out earlier to the smoker and Dickerson had the left the game. Haven’t seen any report on what is wrong with him. Anyone know?

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 5.

Donovan strokes it in the air with authority to center field, but Morel has a beed on it and will glove it just shy of the track.

Pez drills it over Wisdom’s head at 3rd and into the left field corner she goes….and Pez has himself a standup double.

Nooty grounds it hardly to the right side, but the 2nd baseman Madrigal gloves it and throws him out…..geesh, Madrigal was playing so deep on that play that if he were so inclined to do so, he could have whispered sweet nothings into his right fielder Frazier’s ears.

Knizner check swing little humpback liner in back of 1st base…. Schwindel races out and makes a nice over the shoulder catch to retire the side.

cubs 1
    Cards 0

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Frank J. Schwindel just deposits one way up amongst the left field bleacher buns with one out and Chicago has just doubled it’s advantage to 2-0.

cubs tack on another tally making it 3-0 as we head to the 6th.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Far as Dickerson goes, I don’t know if there was a official word. Seemed from what the announcers were talking about him being dehydrated. Edman just hit a homer to give us some life though just a little.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 6

Albert grounds out to Wisdom at 3rd.

Edman…..thar she blows!…. Tommy lofts a high deep drive to right and long gone…..3-1 cubs now. Let’s hope Tommy just opened the flood gates here as this Swarmer is hittable.

Gorman flies out to Morel in center.

Goldy walks and now Nolan Arenado strides plateward representing the tying run. Arenado on 3-2 grounds out to Hoerner at short.

cubs 3
    Cards 1

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.