2022 Cardinals MLB Game 50 thread – Wednesday, June 1 vs. Padres

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 50 thread – Wednesday, June 1 vs. Padres

Viewing 15 posts - 26 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hudson sat down 18 in a row at one point. Pretty darn good

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Nado with a huge game today. Great to see. Yepez making good use of the 4 spot. Rbi’s! New guys need some live batting practice. Go Cardinals!

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I had a bad feeling about the end of this one. Glad I was wrong.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I really think we could use another good bullpen arm, maybe another lefty.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I am glad we won this game but it was much scarier at the end than it should have been.

Why? Because our bullpen was depleted and we had to use the B team relievers.

Why depleted? Because our rotation is not giving us enough innings. Waino last night and Hudson today did their job but way too often our starter is only going 3 or 4 innings. That is not sustainable.

Bob Reed
    Participant

Free

Nervy but satisfying sweep. Against the Mets, Friars, Frisco, Brewers, and Blue Jays, the Cards have narrowly outscored their opponents 123-118.

Those five opponents are 139-83 versus non-Cardinal opposition (.626 winning percentage), and 13-14 versus the Birds. So this would certainly seem to be the Redbird peer group. I’ll take it.

bccran
    Participant

25 –
    Not only 1 single in 16 ABs for #5-9, but also not a single walk.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Great sweep, although Gallegos and Whitley get failing grades for their efforts. Those insurance runs in the 8th were huge today.

We should get our second Player of the Month in two months with Goldy taking home the prize for May.

Hopefully we can keep the Cubs down near the Reds for the division cellar over the next few days.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Lars is not making much of his chances. He’s contributed defensively and on the base path a little, but he’s hitting .100 and no walks since he came back up. Its too bad he can’t outperform Dickerson at least.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Dickerson has been one of the biggest disappointments in the early going. Once O’Neill is back, I wonder if Corey is DFA’d. Probably not since he has guaranteed money. More likely Nooty gets dropped back down, or some other move is made.

Mrperkins
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Read elsewhere that RP Parker down at AAA has an opt out today (or maybe it was last night). Wouldn’t mind switching him out for Whitley right now to see if he has anything left.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well said about Lars BB, spot on.

1982 willie
    Participant

Well didn’t get to watch this one had to work. Nice to see Hudson step up and especially nice to see arenado come alive. I guess he doesn’t like may. Bottom of the order wasn’t great but darvish can be tough so it’s not like everyone is going to hit em.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Another good win! Strong start by Dakota. Goldy another good game. It was nice to see Nolan have a multi-hit game … need him to get going again. Need Dickerson Noot to get going as well!

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Well, that was unexpected.

Sweep the Pads on the road?

Good stuff.

Viewing 15 posts - 26 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.