2022 Cardinals MLB Game 47 thread – Sunday, May 29 vs. Brewers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 47 thread – Sunday, May 29 vs. Brewers

Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ollie didn’t have much negative to say about a team that just got smoked.

The only positive today was Alexa got a lot of face time on post game.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Well, Goldy did get a hit to extend his hitting streak and on-base streak. At least that was one positive thing.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

A totally acceptable outcome for Milwaukee to split a road series in the ball park of your nearest competitor. But the Cardinals, after winning two of the first three, really could have used a series win. You get some momentum and confidence going with taking 3 of 4 and shaving a couple games off the deficit.

It’s still early so not a big deal either way, but today was a real dud after the Saturday game.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Hovering at, or slightly over, .500 seems to be the destiny of this team. The principal pleasure so far is watching these new youngsters feel their oats – and watching streaky Goldy in the midst of a mash period. At least we are spared the painful struggles of PDJ. Rah Cardinals!

sjeff70
    Participant

Free

Burns was pretty good. Our lineup is fine against average pitching but realistically it’s not going to hold up against good pitching. Goldy will be fine in the playoffs if they make it but u need better hitters against good pitchers & realistically the Cards don’t have them.

I think you also have to be able to hit the long ball if you’re unable to manufacture runs. Clutch hitting is important too. I just don’t see much in our lineup that makes me hopeful in a playoff run & that’s supposed to be what the season is all about.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The first game and last game of this were particularly frustrating. Losing one or both games cost us a series win, and closing ground in the standings. I really don’t see how Milwaukees lineup is very good, and ours has been so so most of the time other than times when we score 18-20 runs.

If Yelich doesn’t revert back to mvp form of a few years ago, I cannot see their offense scoring enough other than possibly when Burnes pitches like he can.

Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.