2022 Cardinals MLB Game 47 thread – Sunday, May 29 vs. Brewers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 47 thread – Sunday, May 29 vs. Brewers

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

1:15 p.m.
    RHP Miles Mikolas (3-2, 1.96) vs. RHP Corbin Burnes (1-2, 2.26)
    BSM // KMOX // WIJR
    Also BSSO and BSSW+

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

This one will be tough. With DeGrom and Scherzer out Burnes might be the best pitcher in the NL at the moment. Hopefully Mikolas can continue his excellent start and we have a chance to take three of four.

I am going to have to hustle to catch the first pitch. The Indianapolis 500 stars around 12:45 my time and after they get started I have to go out and jump on the John Deere. Yard needs mowed really bad because of all the rain the last couple of days. Takes me a little over an hour. Then I can come in, take a quick shower, get din-din started and be ready for first pitch along with Whitey Herdog.

r/Esteemed Rat

1982 willie
    Participant

While we never seem to really get to burnes, the games seem to always be close. I expect that with mikolas pitching tomorrow. Right now mikolas is our best pitcher, at least he is pitching that way. If we can take three out of four after losing first game,it could possibly be a great season building moment at least internally in our division.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

2.5 games back of MIL, 2nd place in the NLC. Be nice to shave a game off that today and put the pressure on the FO this June to make a substantial acquisition before the deadline.

bccran
    Participant

With the additions of Gorman, Yepez, Donovan, Liberatore, and Burleson + Flaherty soon, why do we need to make a substantial acquisition?

1982 willie
    Participant

Well you could easily argue that flaherty is still a big question mark. As far as everyday players, since I was willing to ride with the younger guys at the start of the season, I have no issue now though I still feel they are question marks in a lot of ways. Far as liberatore, jury is still out on him. Pitching wise we are still weak whether it be relief or starting. One thing though if we are going to continue to put out a weak defensive team, might influence what pitchers we need to try to get.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Tommy Edman (S) SS
    2. Nolan Gorman (L) 2B
    3. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    4. Juan Yepez (R) LF
    5. Brendan Donovan (L) RF
    6. Corey Dickerson (L) DH
    7. Andrew Knizner (R) C
    8. Lars Nootbaar (L) CF
    9. Edmundo Sosa (R) 3B

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

6 guys who I believe were considered prospects going into last year, plus Edman who’s not that old, Goldy and Dickerson. That’s a pretty young lineup.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Day off for Arenado? May as well take a day off, he’s not done much the last ten days or so. Hopefully he’ll be ready to go for the Padres and Cubs next week.

And speaking of the Padres, that Ke’Bryan Hayes from the Pirates hit a 3-run homer in the 9th last night at San Diego and the Pirates beat the Padres 4-2.

Time to start mowing……..

r/Esteemed Rat

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Missed the game yesterday except for the last inning. Thought it was gonna be a night game. Din-din will probably be DeGioro Supreme self- rising pizza after the game. Gotta get groceries today!
    Two good pitchers today so its a toss up. Good chance for us to get close to Milwaukee. Next weeks not that tough. If we get on a roll we could be looking very good by next weekend. Young guys get to play today but hitting could be tough.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1982 willie
    Participant

Don’t like the naughton thing but fools will run their ship the way they want. Not sold on today’s lineup Either but it doesn’t hurt to go play different guys this time of year. But I expect a loss partly because of it though burnes can be tough on anyone. But for some reason, we are always competitive in burnes games even when shit down offensively.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Nice defensive play by our 2B Edman. Fired a rocket to save a run at home!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Guess Edmans SS today.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Things seem to have taken a negative turn. 4-0.

1982 willie
    Participant

Yea seems like a day I’m glad I took the kids to the pool. Mikolas gives up a big 3 spot and we have one hit.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

We’re certainly shifting a lot of air around the plate. Eight ks already and it’s only the fifth.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Lookin like our Rookies haven’t seen anybody as good as Burns. Gotta get the exposure sometime.

1982 willie
    Participant

Think it’s time to get mikolas out of there. Put Woodford in give him some exposure. Maybe somebody will see him and give us something good in trade. Might as well give him a chance somewhere he is wanted.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

this is getting too painful. I think I’ll take Ozzy out for a pee.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Woodford threw three innings yesterday. Pitching him today could lead to injury. Hopefully he is unavailable.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Marcus Ericsson wins the Indianapolis 500. I was switching back and forth after I got done mowing and me and Whitey Herdog had our din-din today.

Looks like this one is a loss. Hopefully Packy can give us 2-3 good innings tomorrow against the Padres.

r/Esteemed Rat

1982 willie
    Participant

Oh sorry Brian
    I forgot he pitched yesterday, was thinking that was day before, got my games mixed up

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

8-0. We stink. Hope for better tomorrow. din-din after the game is a trip to Stormin Crab.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Didn’t see the game today. Ricky just said Mikolas was actually pretty good today. ???

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and their minor league system for 25 years