2022 Cardinals MLB Game 43 thread – Tuesday, May 24 vs. Blue Jays

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 43 thread – Tuesday, May 24 vs. Blue Jays

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 74 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:45 p.m.
    RHP Jordan Hicks (1-3, 4.21) vs. RHP Kevin Gausman (3-3, 2.52)
    BSM // KMOX // WIJR
    Also BSSO and BSSW+

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Maybe Herrera will get a start.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gausman has been very Mikolas-like to start this season. Tough matchup for the lineup.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Looking forward to Herrera getting the start tonight. After all, he’s our backup catcher next year. Any idea how long Molina will be gone?

Me and Whitey Herdog will be on the couch for this one. The Cubs and Reds play an hour earlier so we will switch over once the game starts. And by the way, the cough is a little better today.

Din-din today was a Subway steak & cheese with lettuce, onions, mustard, and mayo. Along with four chocolate chip cookies and a Mt. Dew.

r/Esteemed Rat

UPDATE: Just as my post loaded gscottar’s lineup came in. Guess we shall see Herrera at a later date.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

And the Cards caught a break late last night out west. The Brewers and Padres were tied 2-2 in the top of the 10th at San Diego. Milwaukee had the bases loaded, nobody out, and McCutchen batting. Cutch hits into a 1-2-3 DP and the Brewers ultimately failed to score in the top of the 10th. Then in the bottom of the 10th, with two outs and the bases loaded for the Padres. Azocar lines a single to center to win it for the Padres. 3-2 San Diego in 10 innings the happy final.

Oh, and the $33 million dollar a year man, Manny Machado, failed in two clutch situations late in the same for the Padres.

r/Esteemed Rat

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Looks like there is a lot of green stuff but it’s mostly in central Missouri. Appears as if Colombia is getting drenched at the moment. The Doppler Radar doesn’t show any wet stuff in the St. Louis area in the immediate future.

And the Cubs jumped on the Reds with three runs in the 1st at Crosley Field. Frank Schwindel a two run homer to the first row in RF was the big blow.

r/Esteemed Rat

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

din din is chuck roast and veggies with gravy.

I am liking the lineup, but not sold on Dickerson in the outfield. Yepez looked OK out there to me. I do like Donovan out there. He can do-all. O’Neill and Carlson are getting a wakeup call. Hope for the best with Hicks.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Grilled cheese & tomato sandwich, potato salad, tomato soup and homemade pecan pie with Breyer’s vanilla ice cream on top are on my din-din docket tonight. Nice seeing that Rat’s cough is heading for the hills…..oh, and I see he’s thrown both us and WhiteyHerDog a curve by going with a Subway sub this evening. And Wooster’s Chuck Connors roast with gravy sounds like a stone cold winner. Donovan has done so much for his team since being recalled from Memphis, so I’m sure he wouldn’t mind sending one into the cheap seats for us tonight. Here’s hoping that both Donovan and Pez never see Memphis, Tennessee ever again. I have a feeling that Gorman may see Memphis just one more time…..and not for very long.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 1. Hicks going for the Cards.

Springer walks on 4 straight out of the zone.

Espinal .,.. presently orchestrating a rather lofty 16 game hitting streak. Hits it on the line to center, but right at Harrison Bader for the out .

Guerrero lines a base hit to center…..Springer stopping at 2nd.

Bo Bichette bounces a chopper to short that Edman has to come in for…gloves it and flips it to 2nd for one….over to 1st…safe…. Springer moves over to 3rd with 2 outs.

Hernandez grounds it towards left….Edman dives and gloves it… quickly rights himself and guns it over to 1st..safe….Springer scores this games first run…..very nice attempt by Tommie E.

Kirk grounds out to Gorman at 2nd.

Jays 1
    Cards 0

Mrperkins
    Participant

Free

I’m just seeing gameday. In Jays 1st inning there was a force at 2nd, then an infield hit to SS. Anyone with eyes on the diamond able to say if there may have been double play on force out play or if Paul would have made the play on the hit if we had our former infield setup?

Edit: Ok, by Pugs account it looks like the defence didn’t play a part

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 1. Kevin Gausman dealing for Toronto.

Edman strikes out swinging.

Donovan rolls a slow but sure grounder out to Espinal at 2nd…. he’ll scoop her up and fling it on over to Guerrero at 1st for the out.

Goldy walks, giving Paul 30 consecutive games with reaching base….which is amazing….how in blazes did Joe DiMaggio ever register hits in 56 straight ballgames?? That’s a record that will never ever be eclipsed.

Arenado lines a wicked rocket down the left field line that just veers foul. Then coaxes a walk off the free pass stingy Gausman.

Pez strikes out swinging to retire the Birds.

Jays 1
    Cards 0

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

ALWAYS follow the Pugs PBP….. it’ll never do you wrong, Mr. Perkins.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 2.

Chapman walks…..Hicks had now walked the leadoff Bluejay in each of the first 2 innings…..not a trend he wants to continue.

Jansen blisters a grounder down to 3rd…that Arenado dives for and gloves and then fires it over to Gorman at 2nd for one and Gorman then airmails his throw way over Goldy’s head at 1st….so they get the 1, but oh what a splendid play by Arenado at 3rd. Jansen will move on over to 2nd on what will undoubtedly be charged as an E-4 of the errant throwing variety.

Tapia strikes out swinging.

Springer walks for the second time already tonight.

Espinal bounces a high chopper out Edman’s way where Tommy E. backhands it and fires it to Goldy at 1st for the out. No damage done, but Hicks is most definitely flirting with trouble thus far. 40 Hicks pitches so far.

Jays 1
    Cards 0

Thegreyghost
    Participant

Free

I just don’t see anyway they can rely on hicks as a starter, his command is just not there, he could really use a year at AAA as a starter and hopefully get there. I’m assuming they don’t think he has the durability in his arm to be a relief pitcher.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 2.

Gorman flies out routinely to Hernandez in right. When the ball left Gorman’s bat, there was a rather loud “ooooh” from the Redbird faithful, but it only ended up traveling well short of the warning track….. anyone else other than Arenado hits that same fly and you could hear a pin drop in this stadium…just goes to show that St. Louis fans are expecting big things from this young man.

Dickerson strikes out swinging on a very low pitch.

Bader blisters a shot past Chapman at 3rd and down the line….and Bader will check into 2nd with a 2 out double.

Knizner spanks a hot shot grounder right back at Gausman and it deflects off him and rolls right over to Espinal at 2nd who’ll glove it and throw him out at 1st…..not sure if that ball hit off Gausman’s shoe or the mound?

Jays 1
    Cards 0

Thegreyghost
    Participant

Free

Dickerson has been disappointing considering they have probably 3 or 4players that can cover his spot now (Yepez/Donovan/Nootbar/Burleson) I kind of liked the signing in spring for not a ton of money….now not so much, of course your not going to look good hitting below the Mendoza line.

Thegreyghost
    Participant

Free

Good quick inning by Hicks in the Top of the 3rd

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 3.

Guerrero strikes out swinging.

Bo Bichette…..his father Dante Bichette was a dandy with Colorado back in the day. He hit for average and a ton of power to boot. I think he played mostly right field if memory serves me correct. Bo strikes out swinging.

Hernandez grounds out to Edman at short….and lookie there…..a very clean inning served up by Mr. Hicks.

Jays 1
    Cards 0

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Just got the game going. Bader had a nice ab last inning. Gausmans throwing almost all strikes. If he keeps walking Goldy and Nado we’re gonna need some good ab’s by Yepez and Gorman. Hicks looking better now!
    Din-din was a trip to Taco Bell for taco Tuesday. Hammy the wonder dog got to go to bark at all the dog smells on the sidewalks. Better than a horn! Go Cardinals!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 3

Edman skies one high and fairly deep to center but Springer has it in his sight and he’ll slap the leather on it for the first out in the Cardinal 3rd.

Donovan flies out to Springer in left center, where George could literally tell what kind of after shave lotion the left field Tapia was wearing…the two were so close as Springer caught that ball.

Goldy grounds it thru the vacant hole at 2nd and out into center for a hit.

Arenado pops out to the 3rd baseman Chapman just a couple feet in foul territory about 20 feet down the line to retire the side.

Jays 1
    Cards 0

Thegreyghost
    Participant

Free

One positive Gausman has thrown around 60 pitches thru 3

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We hope Hammy was the happy recipient of some of that scrumptious Taco Bell, Wooster??

Mrperkins
    Participant

Free

Two things about the elder Bichette, Puggs. He had surprisingly bad bb/k for the #’s he put up, and don’t let him around your daughters alone.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Hammy got sick and is on restriction. No people food for 1 week. Hes getting antibiotics and chicjen with rice only. Hes so funny he has to go outside first or he won’t eat!
    Gausmans looking tough but I can’t see that leg kick doing anything for him. All about his balance. Oh no we just got lit up.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 74 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years