2022 Cardinals MLB Game 42 thread – Monday, May 23 vs. Blue Jays

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 42 thread – Monday, May 23 vs. Blue Jays

Viewing 18 posts - 51 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    Wooster
    Participant

Free

Nado double and then pfffft!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

LOL cards25-I think you’ve coined a new term- “the 0fers” !

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wooster I don’t know about where you live but umpires here in southern Indiana are well paid. Heck this was quite a few years ago, kids were getting twenty five dollars just for U8 or pinto games. I’m sure they are at least getting that still, probably more. Higher level games was 35 to 60 dollars for each game. Again probably more now. Sure you have questionable calls and some times a wrong call is made. Sure people shouldn’t get crazy. But like I said, there wasn’t nothing even close to out of line here. Bottom line if you decide to umpire, you have to be able to tune out normal chatter. Yea if someone starts cursing or threatening, he may have to do something but here he started it by going into the dugout instead of just staying out there and doing his job and again nothing was really was said after that. You are umpiring kids, would you teach kids to confront other kids if they were talking some crap. I don’t think so, you would tell them to just focus on playing

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well we had a runner at third no outs but bader strikes out on tough pitch. Hopefully pujols here can give us the walk off win

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pujols swinging at a ball two feet outside, what the heck.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

He did it again. I know it’s a cutter but you have to be able to see it’s starting outside from his hand.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Great job by goldy. I thought that low called strike was going to hurt him but he got the job done.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Does anybody else here on this forum beside me realize how mis-managed the game was in the Cardinal 10th?

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Goldy dinger! A walk off Bam-Slam. Bit frustrating after the 7th inning but we pulled through. Nado and Donovan multiple hits. Yepez, Dickerson and Goldy timely hits.Close one but I’ll take it. Go Cardinals!

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Game was interesting what I got to see of it. Some good some bad. Outside of pallante, our pitching was good. Yepez big homer but failed to advance arenado from second in the 9th inning. Bader drove the tying run home but struck out with winning run at third. Goldy was 0 for 4 before with 3 strikeouts before walk off grand slam. Donovan was great, has been. I know yepez has done great but to me it’s Donovan that has made the biggest difference far as new players. I just like his approach at the plate

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Didn’t like Pujols ab Rats- I think it was in the 10th. What didn’t you like Rats?

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yea rats it wasn’t great but the win will obscure that.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Goldy is by far the best player on this team and it isn’t even close. He also very well could be on pace to be MVP of the league.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I had to turn in at the end of the 9th so I missed the salami. :-[

The thing that sticks in my mind is the impressive OF play by Donovan. I sort of like him and Yepez out there. And I concede that Edman looks good at SS.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

And I concede that Edman looks good at SS.

I’m glad. I knew he’d be at least above average and he’s made 2 plays that tell me he’s just fine over there. His arm strength isn’t great, but it’s acceptable and I love how he plays.
    Love Donovan too and the difference he’s made to the team. He was definitely tested in RF last night. There was 1 play I thought he looked out of position, then in the 10th made a very nice play on a sinking liner.

Cards667
    Participant

Free

Does anybody else here on this forum beside me realize how mis-managed the game was in the Cardinal 10th?

I didn’t think it was awful, but definitely questionable. When Pujols was announced for Knizner I said aloud “why?”. I trust Knizner against a RHP way more. Then when they brought the LHP in to face Gorman, Marmol countered with Sosa. I believe that was the right move, but if he would have had Pujols still on the bench it would have been a much better time to use him.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Winming is fun. Hopefully the Cards can keep the momentum. The youngsters have infused the lineup with some enthusiasm and it shows.

Viewing 18 posts - 51 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.