2022 Cardinals MLB Game 42 thread – Monday, May 23 vs. Blue Jays

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 42 thread – Monday, May 23 vs. Blue Jays

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    Wooster
    Participant

Free

Dat don’t help his ERA!

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Yeah, that was a time you go with your best pitcher, Helsley.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well I get in and I see pallante struggling. A breaking ball on 3-2, that’s horrible pitch selection. Walks in a run, already had walked another one in. But got to score more than 1 run to win games anyway. Pallante has been good most of the year so far so it happens But still focus has to be better, can’t walk people, they hit you that’s fin e but walks are just bad form

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Pallante soiled himself there. Too much to soon.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Blue Jays have what should be a illegal defense. Automatic base hit if I’m the umpire

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

NA facing four outfielder defensive alignment.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

While a salami would have been worse, at least they earn it. Walking in runs is just handing them the game.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yepez cuts the deficit.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Berrios is a pitcher I wish the Cardinals would have tried to get. I really like him, would compliment our team well. They probably will get him but will probably be way past his prime.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cha-Ching!
    Atta-boy rook!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Yepez dinger! Hes doing well!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Donovan and Nado both 2 hits so far.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

We got it going now. Two great at bats by Donovan and Dickerson.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Great ab by Dickerson runners at the corners chased Berios. Drum roll please…

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Dickerson warming up (3 game hit streak) after burying himself to start the season.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bader swinging on 3-0.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bader with a nice hit, ties the game up

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well double play kills the fun but at least it’s tied up.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Base hit rbi! New game!

Cards667
    Participant

Free

Berrios is a pitcher I wish the Cardinals would have tried to get. I really like him, would compliment our team well. They probably will get him but will probably be way past his prime.

Cardinals were rumored to be in pretty heavy talks with Minnesota last year for him, but Toronto gave up 2 highly touted prospects for him. Martin is a IF/CF who I believe was #2 in their system and SP Woods Richardson was #4. Guess the Cardinals said it wasn’t worth that.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

He would have been worth it in my assessment.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Had a bad umpire at my gfs kid softball game this evening. He made a very questionable call at home, very and the team and some fans said some normal stuff, nothing crazy or nothing. He came to the dugout talking to the coach, I’m sure talking about them saying something about his out call. Well then a fan said something, nothing bad, and he threw him out. Then he said if the guy didn’t leave, the team was going to forfeit. Such a joke. All he had to do was go back and do his job and tune out the noise which was very mild compared to other stuff I’ve seen at games over the years. Just a joke. I appreciate him umpiring but got to be better.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Marmol sat goldy yesterday and now he is 0 for 4. I always hate it when coaches sit hot players

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Yeah Willie, alot of the youth umpires don’t get paid very much or not at all. Don’t have instant replay so at times its probably a guessing game at ump. Worked with a guy who did youth leagues and he had to be certified. Was in some kind of umpire organization. Did it part-time. Kinda on you own sometimes out there. The parents at times can get quite riduculous. I’ve seen em have to call the cops before.My kids played ball.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hopefully the Dickerson experiment is over as soon as we get our full complement of OFers back.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 68 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.