2022 Cardinals MLB Game 38 thread – Thursday, May 19 at Mets

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 38 thread – Thursday, May 19 at Mets

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

12:10 p.m.
    RHP Dakota Hudson (3-2, 3.06) vs. RHP Chris Bassitt (4-2, 2.34)
    BSM // KMOX
    Also BSSO and BSSW+

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Win this one and get out of NY with a split.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Any word on Sosa? I missed what happened to him.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The Mets show why we need to get rid of Albert. Their batters spray the ball around, don’t try to do too much for the most part. It’s how the game is supposed to be taught.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Kscardfan, apparently Sosa injured an ankle yesterday. No word on seriousness.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Every Cardinals starter this series has thrown more than 20 pitches in the first inning. The Mets are already ahead in the first and still batting.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Donovan prob should have went to first on that one. We gave up a out and a run. It’s sad. Normally in first inning you always take the outs but with our offense it’s hard to do. I still think you get the outs though

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Agree. Bad decision. Cost a run.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yea Brian, I think the Mets hitting approach has a lot to do with it. Nice play by arenado there. Not too many guys get that double play. One of the hazards of getting that big lead off on third.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Thanks 82 willie. I had heard he had to leave the game yesterday. I was in Tulsa at the PGA and didn’t see until late. Gonna need to score 5-6 runs today it looks.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Yep that was nice. That’s one back.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yepez was on a little slide, nice to see him getting that homer. Always good to see the team get a run or two after giving up some. I think offensively we should score some runs today, just not sure about the state of our bullpen.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bader gets a hit. With 2 outs, I wouldn’t mind him trying to steal. Worth the risk.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That pitch to knizner is a perfect example of hitting approach. A bad approach. That ball is low and outside and not that fast. That ball has to be hit opposite way or at least up middle. You pull that ball and the only way you are getting a hit is by luck.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Edmond always bringing great info. Talking about how the battery needs to be picking up their pace. Hurts the defense. I mean Hudson is getting worse than gallegos. Between that and the constant severe weather alerts on my tv it’s getting crazy.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

I always felt that slower pace helped lead to Carlos downward spiral. While I would much rather listen to Edmonds than Thompson, even he sometimes needs to give his voice a break. Love his insight on hitting and playing outfield. Thompson discussing hitting just doesn’t carry the same weight.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Dead air time is not something they want which I understand. So I have zero issues with how much Edmonds speaks. It’s a lot better than what ESPN is doing with the pga golf championship. I tried to watch and what they are doing is stupid. Just give me some guys talking in the background about the shots. I don’t need multiple viewing boxes with needless chatter

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Great at bat by bader. Hits that in the right spot but knizner comes up zero so we are still tied.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Molina in for knizner. Maybe an injury, don’t know why else he would be in there.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well Mets have tied it up. I like their small ball. Cardinals should do that more.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Not sure I agree with taking out Hudson with two outs. If you thought you might take him out, maybe shouldn’t have started inning but maybe they are looking at number of pitches.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Fridays game is on apple, Sunday is on peacock. This is just madness. Won’t be watching those. MLB has the worst commissioner of all time I believe.

Lee
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Looks like its time for the double switch!
    McFarland or Whitgren and Walsh go to AAA, and get Woodford and Whitley back up!

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

You mean Sunday’s game is NOT on BSMW???

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 72 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years