2022 Cardinals MLB Game 29 thread – Tuesday, May 10 vs. Orioles

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 29 thread – Tuesday, May 10 vs. Orioles

Viewing 13 posts - 51 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If they chopped off your predecessor’s head you need not not make the same mistake he did. Ollie has Maddux and the philosophy to answer to, so the Woodford thing may not be his doing. As far as position player utilization and lineups, he answers to Albert and the philosophy.

What are the opinions about how Donovan looked at shortstop?

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

Bling, from the eye test, He’s playable there in my opinion, but Edman would likely be better.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

No urgency whatsoever by the FO. Lets patch it with Robertson instead of Gorman.

I think it’s fair to question what the FO is thinking with this move. I also think it’s possible that they are terrified of losing every player without giving them at least a trial in the majors before we have other Voits, Arozarenas or even Garcias get away.

That said, everyone knows the deal with Gorman. He’s going to struggle as he moves to a new level…he always has and if he doesn’t at the MLB level it will be a surprise. At some point you have to let the kid work out the kinks at the big league level. I get that there are red flags (his high K rate at Memphis this year being the foremost) and they want an every day role available for him, but it feels like the offense is sputtering. Gorman’s absence may not cost the team wins now while he would struggle anyway, but where it may be costly is if they delay until later in the year so he struggles through the home stretch, when he’d have otherwise had his feet under him if he was tossed to sink or swim now. That’s JMO.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If they chopped off your predecessor’s head you need not not make the same mistake he did. Ollie has Maddux and the philosophy to answer to, so the Woodford thing may not be his doing.

This is exactly what I was thinking. We shouldn’t assume that Ollie is making these decisions independently. In this day and age you have to assume the front office is involved in almost everything to some degree. Dave Roberts admitted as much during last season’s postseason. Managers are now just glorified motivators and middle men.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

If we are serious about winning this division we can’t be losing to teams like Baltimore. It just can’t happen.

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

Losing to a team like Baltimore is just a reminder of how the Cardinals would look if they were in the AL East.

Losing to a team like Cincinnati, which is 6-24, is what is atrocious.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

This thread did not do a good job of keeping people informed, was no one watching. Bader hits the first inside the park homerun for the Cardinals since Vince Coleman and no one mentioned it. I wish I had been able to see it. I had watched the box score and figured he had homered but I thought it was the old fashioned kind.

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

Lets be honest this just isn’t a very good team….there are to many holes on offense to many questions for SP and RP and the whole offseason the front office did NOTHING to help this team become a very good team…

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Yeah Willie he hit it off high on the wall lf and cf were running to the wall and it bounced all the way over to lf corner. Bader was rounding bases wide open and Yadi started from 2nd base. Bader was only 20ft behind Yadi when they crossed home. Bader slid in head first. Definitely Sports Center stuff!

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think the CF actually kicked the ball. It was kind of weird.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

Bader’s HR wasn’t on any Sportscenter that I watched.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

forsch31
    Participant

Free

Thanks, Brian. I hadn’t ventured to YouTube, yet. I knew it would be out there somewhere. It’s also on the MLB Cardinals page.

EDIT: My earlier comment was directed more at ESPN. They show a lot of stuff but an inside the park home run doesn’t even make it on the screen over the hour of “news”. The Cardinals game wasn’t even mentioned.

Viewing 13 posts - 51 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years