2022 Cardinals MLB Game 29 thread – Tuesday, May 10 vs. Orioles

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 29 thread – Tuesday, May 10 vs. Orioles

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

6:45 p.m.
    TBA (hopefully RHP Adam Wainwright) vs. TBA
    BSM // KMOX // WIJR
    Also BSSO and BSSW+

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

These birds from Baltimore are not the vintage of Earl Weaver and Cal Ripken Jr. Those days are long gone. We need to pounce on these O’s for a three game sweep.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

That three game sweep would help. The Brewers are in Cincinnati for a three game set starting tonight. More than likely Milwaukee will win at least two of the three. And the Cubs are in San Diego. More than likely the Padres will win two of three.

And guys, I must point out that Pujols is currently hitting .220 with 2 homeruns and 5 rbi’s. At this point the writing on the wall is so big Helen Keller could probably see it.

r/Esteemed Rat

14NyquisT
    Participant

Ouch.

14NyquisT
    Participant

Not a fan of ap but it looks like he adds more to the team than that .220.

Plus some fans still like him despite his phony wifey desertion. I said I’m not a fan…. go back in the archives to see a lot of daggers.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pujols’ numbers would look better if Marmol would stop playing him against RH’s. Against lefties he is hitting .438. Against righties he is hitting .080. We all new before the season started he couldn’t hit righties so I don’t know why they keep trying it. Of course if Yepez keeps hitting he will get most of the DH at bats anyway.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

If Yepez does by some chance continue to hit well and plays an adequate LF does that mean that Tyler O’Neill becomes trade bait?

Or do we wait until Pujols gracefully retires and bows out around the All Star Break and Yepez becomes the full time DH, more or less?

Mrperkins
    Participant

Free

I thought I read that Yepez has fairly neutral splits rh/lh the last couple years but I may have imagined that as my justification for starting him at DH at least 75% of time.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Yepez has been better vs RHP than LHP every year until this one. He was over .900 OPS against both last year in Memphis.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t think Pujols will leave before the end of the year. I am sure the team is banking on a big celebration at years end and big ticket sales for the fans to see him off. His numbers will be good enough if he is used properly.

I also don’t think O’Neill will be trade bait.

If Yepez continues to hit the big loser will be Dickerson.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

The $5 million man. Oh well…

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Are there any St Louis Browns fans still around? The Orioles are old Brownies, and in recent years have played about like most of the Browns clubs.

I can’t believe our club has a guy named Packy, and another one named a Nootbar. Speaking of which, what happened to Nooty?

Yeah, despite being a lefty hitter and a decent one in his career, Dickerson may be DFA’d if he does not produce soon. The only thing keeping DeJong around is he plays shortstop well, and he gets paid well. Otherwise he would be looking for a job. KC looks like the place he will be at some point between now and the All Star game.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well I always felt we didn’t need Dickerson unless the Cardinals really are trying to keep these guys from getting their service time in. The Cardinals will always spend a little hoping for a lot in return but will seldom spend a lot cause they worry they will get less than a lot.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

bikemike, here is a link to the Browns Historical Society and Fan Club Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/SaintLouisBrowns/

bccran
    Participant

C – Frank Mancuso
    1B – George McQuinn
    2B – Don Gutteridge
    SS – Vern Stephens
    3B – Mark Christman
    LF – Gene Moore
    CF – Mike Creevich
    RF – Milt Byrnes
    SPs – Danny Galehouse
    Jack Kramer
    Neds Potter
    Bob Muncrief
    Sid Jakucki
    Closer – George Caster

The 1944 Browns, as I recall. Played the Cards in the Streetcar Series.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I had a thick file of Browns and Sportsman’s Park historical stuff at one time, but have handed it off to one of my sons. Back in the late 80s, I took a trip with my dad and eldest son to Burbank, CA to see the one time Spring Training home of the Browns before it was torn down. My dad had seen some games there, I guess around the late 40s. Baseball had still been played there up until recently and the diamond was discernable. We walked right in through an open gate and walked around on the diamond.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Denny Galehouse became a scout for the Cardinals. He was the one that came to see me play on Sunday, July 17, 1977, in an American Legion game. And the teetotal a$$hole coach wouldn’t let me play. Can you believe that? He played the local boy instead and was apparently heard to say he would have lost his job as the coach unless he didn’t play the local boy at 1stbase with a big league scout in the stands.

My one big chance – and I am sitting on the bench. Needless to say when that coach passed away about 15 years later I did NOT go to the visitation or the funeral.

r/Esteemed Rat

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Don Gutteridge officiated HS and local college games im my area back in the 70’s -80’s. He also worked as a scout in the area. From Pittsburg Kansas lived to 96.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Both Denny Galehouse and your American Legion coach flat out blew it, Rat. I truly believe you could have been one of the greats, if only given the chance. I never had anyone come to see me play back in high school……not even my parents. I was that bad.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Sometimes luck goes the wrong way. One of my brothers was a pretty good high school pitcher. He did absolutely everything else left handed but played baseball right handed.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

BAL is 6-4 their last 10 games, STL 5-5.

BAL took 2 of 3 vs KC, split a 4 game series with MIN and took 2 of 3 vs BOS. All 10 games were in BAL. BAL is 3-10 on the road this season.

We last played the Orioles in 2017.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Great story Rat, although wish you could have played that day. You could have become another Yogi Berra had someone else given you a shot.

I think the greatest Browns team was the team from exactly 100 years ago. That club won over 90 games, but finished second by a game and a half I believe, to the Ruth and Meusel Yankees. I love playing the 1922 Browns in APBA tournaments. They had great hitting, and three good pitchers – Urban Shocker, Elam Van Gilder, and Hub Pruett. But once you got past those guys, it could get ugly.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I remember as a kid having an uncle who talked about that ’44 Series a lot. He always joked about them taking a day off for travel, although from what I have read they actually didn’t take a day off.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

FYI here,
    The Mets transferred DeGrom to the 60 day IL. Hopefully Flaherty will not suffer the same fate.

r/Esteemed Rat<~~~~who is having a sump pump installed in his wet basement today

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

1. Tommy Edman (S) 2B
    2. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    3. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    4. Juan Yepez (R) DH
    5. Tyler O’Neill (R) LF
    6. Dylan Carlson (S) RF
    7. Yadier Molina (R) C
    8. Harrison Bader (R) CF
    9. Brendan Donovan (L) SS

Packy pitching according to baseballpress.com

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years