2022 Cardinals MLB Game 27 thread – Sat., May 7 at SF Giants

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 27 thread – Sat., May 7 at SF Giants

Viewing 7 posts - 76 through 82 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

mudville
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think they signed Matz because of budget restraints. Good starting pitchers usually cost more than what we are giving Matz. With some nice looking pitchers on the horizon, it’s a shame that they had to give him four years.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Well, I don’t think I’m going to watch the game replay this morning. I hate to be driven into depression so early on a Sunday. I said we needed to put together a lot more hits if we expect to win, then we do and the pitching implodes and starts dishing out walks and home runs. Sigh! If we could find a way to win today we could go home with a satisfying three out of four and start whipping up on the hapless Orioles and Pirates.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

2 totally different players and situations. Also Gorman in May did hit a HR tonight but is under .200 and his K% is closer to about 50%. I don’t think they can legitimately say he’s ready to be called up any time soon.

Small sample sizes do not make the argument. In 435 AAA plate appearances, he’s struck out 22.9% of the time. I’m sure you’ve played sports and been in a zone before, then took a little time to readjust when your game came back to earth. Gorman is gaining nothing by sitting in Memphis.

That’s not to say that Gorman will light the world on fire when he gets the call. It’s a near guarantee that he will struggle. It’s happened every time he’s moved up a level. He’s eventually adjusted at every level, and he will in the majors as well.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Don’t worry about Matz, Maddux can fix him. (We are still a game up on the Giants in the WC standings):-)

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Another atta-boy for Woodford who brought sanity back to the game after Matz GmSc of 14.

Hat-tip to Bader and Carlson. Yepez should be the primary DH. He’s making the Dickerson signing look stupid.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Rat, if Matz ends up performing like Tudor I will pay for you to enjoy a month’s worth of Gasthof meals on me.

Viewing 7 posts - 76 through 82 (of 82 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.