2022 Cardinals MLB Game 25 thread – Thurs., May 5 at SF Giants

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 25 thread – Thurs., May 5 at SF Giants

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

baseballpress.com

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Din-din tonight will be pizza by Red Baron and Digorgio. I’ve been doing doctors this week and I’m not cookin’. You guys are doing some nice dinners tonight. Except mudville who might not make it past the 3rd inning if he Cenco de Mayos! Great night for us last night and DeJong made a couple sacs and some good defense. Walked once too I believe
    Does look like hes trying- hope he does. Good team play paid off.Goldy got walked 3 times I believe
    Go Cardinals!

1982 willie
    Participant

I like arenado in the three spot. Especially as long as they are going to keep goldy at two. Hopefully oneil can get hot but if not this makes more sense and might even if he’s got. If O’Neil can start hitting some deep shots we can look at him as more of an old time number 4.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Ya know O’Niel has power but lately its been looking like his weak spot is the strike at the top of the zone. Hes got all the tools and a good baseball resume too. We have some really promising looking players.

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

Dinner tonight was carne asada tacos followed by Marionberry pie.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Carlson should be #2 behind Edman. Arenado 3rd and Goldschmidt in the cleanup spot. Followed by O’Neill.

My late night snack will be Digiorno Supreme Pizza, some Hershey chocolate bars with almonds dipped in peanut butter, and a couple of 7×50 Palma Real Presidente cigars to finish off the game.

I am going to call this one 5-4 Redbirds with a late inning rally.

r/Esteemed Rat

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Please heed the following advice…….do NOT……and I repeat….do NOT…allow your children or grandchildren to either watch or listen to tonight’s game. I’ve run and crunched the numbers and looked at the tapes…..and what I see is very disturbing as far as our chances for victory this evening. As well as Mikolas has pitched thus far in the early going this year, he in all likelihood is going to get shelled tonight. I love my Birds, but this one won’t be pretty. So please shield the children, especially the young kids, from witnessing what will be a horrible game. Luckily, due to this game being played on the west coast, most young ones will be counting sheep instead of Giant runs come around 10p. However, be very careful that the kiddies do not sneak a transistor radio into bed with them. As a youngster, these west coast games were wonderful, for the simple fact that in the great State of Wisconsin, the KMOX signal would come in as clear as a bell late at night. Go Birds!

PS – What a wonderful hodge podge of marvelous din-dins tonight. Maybe these late night west coast games brings out the Julia Childs in us all?

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

“Big early season stretch here.”

Excellent point kscardfan.

1982 willie
    Participant

Carlson needs to hit a lot better to get a promotion up to number 2.

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

Agreed. You need better than a .250 OBP to hit #2 in the order.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Cards go down in order (Edman F-7, Goldy K & Arenado F-8) in the 1st.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 2. Littell pitching for SF. Didn’t we have a Mark Littell back in the 80’s? Might have been with KC too. Will have to look that up.

O’Neill on 3-2 gets caught looking for strike 3.

Pez fouls off a fistful (6 or 7) of Littell offerings before going down on strikes.

Bader taps one about 6 inches in front of home plate, but the Giant catcher is Johnny on the Spot in pouncing on it and he’ll fire his throw on down to 1st to put the finishing touches on setting the Birds down in order here in the 2nd.

Cards 0
    SF 0

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wow and we thought we were “snakebite” last week in the Gallegos Game vs AZ, when the Diamondbacks came roaring back with 2 outs in the 9th to shock us. That was nothing compared to what the Mets did to Philly in the City of Brotherly Love this evening. Down 7-1 going to the 9th, the Metropolitans put 7 on the board to best the Phils 8-7. I wonder how the Philly fans responded to that one???

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Yadi dinger! Wow!

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

Yadi just went Yard!!!!! LOL.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 3

Yadi …..Thar she blows!…..deep drive to left…Ruf looks up and he can only helplessly watch that one sail out of reach and into the stands for a round tripper…..1-0 Birds.

Carlson K’s

PDJ pops out to the surging Gonzalez from his position in right field to just about to where the 2nd baseman usually positions himself, to grab that pop-up.

Edman rips a sizzling grounder fair off the 1st base bag and down the line in right and Tommy will have himself a 2 out double.

Goldy grounds out to Vosler at 3rd.

Cards 1
    SF 0

So far so good

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Oh no- the dreaded dp blast by Bader kills our next run!

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Supposed to crank that one to deep outfield!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 4. Our old pal, John Brebbia, on to pitch for the Giants.

Arenado pops a short fly to right that Gonzalez will come flying in to grab.

O’Neill lines one to left center that will split the outfielders and bang up against the wall and Tyler will cruise into 2nd with a double.

Bader an infield single…. Crawford at least momentarily saves the Giants a run by diving and gloving the ball before it headed out to the outfield. O’Neill wanders on over to 3rd on the play.

Yepez raps into a 5-4-3 twin killing. Nice play by the 3rd baseman Vosler.

Cards 1
    SF 0

forsch31
    Participant

Free

Pugs, are you sure about how the top of the 4th went? Yahoo says Yepez had the INF single and Bader hit into the DP.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 5. Alverez on for SF.

Yadi rifles a base hit to left

Carlson an infield single

PDJ his infield groundout is as good as a sacrifice as runners move up to 2nd & 3rd.

Edman rifles a liner into center and that will score 2….in comes Yadi…..in comes Carlson and the Cards have seized a 3-0 lead .

And Alverez is getting the hook

GameCard
    Participant

Free

Edman is on fire.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Thanks Forschster. You are correct. I’ve been on the phone here and booted my first call here in ’22. Let’s call it E-PBP.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Continuing Top of 5.

Santos the new SF hurler

Goldy grounds it down to Vosler at 3rd….wings it over to Estrada at 2nd for one and the throw to 1st will just miss getting the hustling Goldy….2 down.

Arenado flies out to Yaz Jr. in center

Cards 3
    SF 0

Love to be wrong about these things. In my mock simulated game, I had SF leading us 5-1 at this juncture. Go Birds!

forsch31
    Participant

Free

Glad to see Edman hitting so well and getting on base. He deserves to be the leadoff hitter as long as he continues taking walks.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 82 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.