2022 Cardinals MLB Game 23 thread – Tuesday, May 3 at Royals

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 23 thread – Tuesday, May 3 at Royals

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    Wooster
    Participant

Free

Din-din tonight is soup and sandwiches. Been sick all day we are going light. These low scoring games are getting old. Noticed all Rh line up tonight against RH pitching. Looks like coaching knows something I don’t. But hey what do I know? I’m with Willie on Gorman. Unless its dire straits its been best to give everyone a year at each level. Even at that a guy seldom tears it up for any length of time in the Majors. I agree on Popeyes Cinamon Pies Go Cardinals!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hudson sets KC down in one pretty little 1-2-3 chorus line in the 1st…..no score yet.

Take 2 aspirin and a Cards victory and you’ll feel like a million bucks, Wooster.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 2

Arenado pops a short fly into left that Benetendi only has to lope in a few strides for….and he has it for the out.

Albert raps a very infielder friendly 2 hopper out to short where Lopez has it and fires it to O’Hearn at 1st and that’s a quick two outs here in the Redbird 2nd.

Knizner on 3-1 takes a low wide one and he’ll trot on down to 1st base the easy way.

Bader whistles a hot shot grounder ticketed for left field….but a diving Lopez gloves it and his throw to 2nd will get there before the sliding Knizner does and that will retire the side. Nice play by the KC shortstop.

No score

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bobby Witt Jr. tags his first ML homer with two out in the 2nd and the Royals race out to the early 1-0 advantage.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 3

PDJ rolls it smoothly out to short without a ripple, where Lopez gloves it and fires it over to O’Hearn’s waiting mitt at 1st base for the out.

Carlson lines a solid base hit to left.

Edman pokes a fly to left where Berintendi only has to glide a few steps over to his right to corral.

Goldy grounds it to Lopez who’ll flick her on over to Merrifield at 2nd to retire the Redbirds.

KC 1
    Cards 0

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

First two (Taylor & Lopez) Royals reach on singles in the KC 3rd……and now Oliveres smokes a base hit to center and Bader quickly gets it back in and now we’re really asking for trouble with the bases crammed with Royals and nary an out.

Benintendi pops it up to short where O’Neill comes in to grab for the out……two more just like it would beautiful, gentlemen.

Perez grounds it to Paulie’s right at short where he backhands it and fires it to Edman at 2nd….back to Goldy at 1st to complete the double play….oh how sweet was that! The Royals threaten but go down with a whimper.

KC 1
    Cards 0

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 4

O’Neill grounds a one-hopper down to Witt Jr. at 3rd and he’ll easily gun him out at 1st.

Arenado just absolutely destroys a Keller fastball and deposits it down into the left field corner for a standup double.

Albert hits one out to center with authority, but it still won’t quite make it to the track, where Taylor has it for the out…..and Arenado will safely slide into 3rd.

Knizner grounds out to Lopez at short.

KC 1
    Cards 0

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’ll hop off the PBP saddle for a bit so you all will feel compelled to chime on in .

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

Hello no offense my old friend..

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hey Hammer…..glad I’m not a lone wolf here tonight.

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

Hey brother, how goes it?

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

I love your pbp by the way.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

You’re too kind Hammer! Words like that just may inspire me to hop right on back that PBP saddle next inning……with or without only one person in our audience……but you count as 1000, Hammer.

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

No honestly I genuinely enjoy it. You do an outstanding job.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

It certainly hasn’t been a sparkling 5 inning shutout thus far for Keller, but it sure has been an effective one. Still 1-0 Royals as we mozzy along to the bottom of the 5th.

Thank you Hammer…..your 2022 Christmas present is growing ever more grandiose with each passing compliment.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Bottom of 5

Taylor bounces it routinely over PDJ’s way and he’ll slap the leather on it and throw him out at 1st.

Lopez on 3-2 hits a one-hopper out to Edman at 2nd and he’ll execute the short toss over to Goldy at 1st with perfection for out #2.

Oliveres grounds it right back up the middle and out into center field for a base hit.

Benintendi lines a wicked grounder into right center for a hit and Oliveres will steamroll his way on over to 3rd.

Perez thankfully pops out to Goldy at 1st.

Hudson at only 60 pitches thru 5 complete

KC 2
    Cards 0

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Top of 6. Keller still dealing for KC.

Goldy called out looking on a dandy 2-2 slider.

O’Neill flies out routinely to Taylor in center and Keller is looking better himself with each passing inning.

Arenado lofts a very high fly ball to left that will result in the Cardinals trotting back out onto the field to play some defense with still no runs under their belts in this ballgame.

KC 2
    Cards 0

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

2-0 might as well be 12-0. This is getting bizarre.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Unfortunately, it sure is looking that way, Hammer. But Keller’s night should be about in the books, so maybe our boys can get to their pen. Keller has been brilliant, especially in the last few innings here.

stlducks
    Participant

Free

Hey guys, new to the site. Finally found a Cardinals forum!

Offense looks stale tonight. Only 2-0 but feels like we are 10 down right now.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Hudson gets the first two Royals, then yields a walk and Melendez’ first ML hit, a single. With runners on the corners, Taylor strikes out looking. Hudson at 79 pitches thru 6 complete.

KC 2
    STL 0

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Are you Hammer’s brother?

Welcome stlducks! You sound very lively…..we like that. What town are you from.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Barely got out of that one. Hope Kellers gone soon.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Welcome, stlducks!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Wooster back in the house…. welcome back Wooster.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 71 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.