2022 Cardinals MLB Game 2 thread – Sat 4/9 vs. Bucs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 2 thread – Sat 4/9 vs. Bucs

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

1:15 p.m.
    RHP Miles Mikolas (2-3, 4.23 in 2021) vs. RHP Mitch Keller (5-11, 6.17 in 2021)
    BSM // KMOX // WIJR
    Also Bally Sports South and Southwest Plus

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

What’s the weather forecast for this one? Seems like everywhere the weather is supposed to be bad.

1964cards
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Should get the game in. Latest forecast for St. Louis
    says sunny, no rain and temp starting at 50 moving to 56.

Oliver
    Participant

Free

The weather channel

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

How about that guy from Arizona last night? It was National Beer Day and Arizona scores four runs in the last of the 9th to beat San Diego 4-2. They won it on a three run homer. And the guy’s name that hit the homerun? On National Beer Day it was Seth Beer that won it for Arizona.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

I hope Dickerson and Sosa get a start today.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Looks like a good lineup to me. Will be interesting to see something on this thread but I’ll wait til after game to see how it works out

sjeff70
    Participant

Free

I’m on the DeJong bandwagon right now. I want to see if he can carry his new mindset into the regular season. Good to see him not pulling off, something he couldn’t do at all last year.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Din-din today will be a ribeye steak in the air fryer and a baked potato. For dessert it will be a piece of Cookies n’ Cream pie and a bowl of Country Vanilla ice cream. Then after that a 7×50 Palma Real cigar. This will commence around the time of the 1st pitch with Whitey Herdog on the couch with me, coaxing a few bites of steak out of me.

I am going to call this one 6-2 Redbirds with Goldschmidt getting off the schneid with his first wanger of the year.

r/Esteemed Rat

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I guess I may not get to watch the damn game today. Has it on the guide but showing the stupid pacers. Damn NBA games need to be at night, not during middle of the day. Not like they play outside.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well I found it on a channel they put local sports on sometimes. It’s not hd but better than nothing.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Well not a good start so far, bases loaded, no outs

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Mikolas isn’t getting it done today. Only one run so far but going to be a bullpen game

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Well, let’s hope for some offense to help us out.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Good job with the offense picking mikolas up here. I liked Carlson stealing that base, bad call almost ruined it. Thanks for replay.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

To bad Dickerson and DeJong couldn’t get the runner in from 3rd. Not impressed with DeJong’s AB.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Let’s see what the bottom of the order can do next inning.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Who is that in the PDJ suit in the 3rd. Up 4-2.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Well, we blew a good opportunity there with sacks full.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pitching so far has been pretty good. Mikolas was a little off but he kept us in it.

Cardinals27
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Helsley is looking very good early. He should get some closing chances.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A good win. Overall pretty good pitching. Offensively we did pretty good..Hopefully we can get a longer start tomorrow, not tax our bullpen as much. Kind of hoping to see pallante at some point. Rather he be able to get in a lower leverage situation just to get his feet wet so to speak. One more win and we take the series.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Just wondering since I don’t know how these things are figured. Does shumaker get credit for a win as a manager or does that go to marmol

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Marmol’s ML lifetime managerial record remains at 1-0, Willie. You have to be in that dugout managing for at least one official out to be credited with a managed game.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.