2022 Cardinals MLB Game 159 thread – Sunday, October 2 vs. Bucs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 159 thread – Sunday, October 2 vs. Bucs

Viewing 12 posts - 51 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Miami downs Milwaukee 4-3 in 12 innings. Philadelphia wins the rain shorted six inning game over Washington 8-1.

It’s looking like the Phillies will be headed to St. Louis next Friday. But who knows. Philadelphia still has three left at Houston while Milwaukee has Arizona for three.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

The Phillies have some fire power and if Thor and Nola are ready to go will be a tough match-up. They are probably a year or so away from being real good though. Still, either them or the Brewers in a best of 3 will be a tough draw as Milwaukee could throw Burnes and Woodruff in two games. It will help us if each club goes into game 162 having to win, and thus burning a top starter in that final regular season game.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

BikeMike…I don’t really think it makes much difference who they face in the 1st round. Net bottom line is that you suit up and play the team that’s put in front of you. It wouldn’t bother me if it were the Dodgers. In fact, I’d like it that way…

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

1td, I was with you on your last post until you said “It wouldn’t bother me if it were the Dodgers.” You’re my pick for MVK – Most Valuable Kamikaze. I’ll take anybody instead of LAD, lol.

You often hear it’s who’s hot come playoff time. In that case it won’t matter who the Cards play if they get past the wild card round unless the Cards can re-ignite the fire they had a while back. Measuring “hotness” since mid-September, LAD, NYM and ATL are all hot. The Cards are not.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

EuroDandy…”Most Valuable Kamikaze”…Haha! Might as well get those Dodgers out of the way! I ain’t scared of no Dodgers…Speaking of NYM/ATL, I’m watching that game on ESPN right now. Should be a good one.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

I’m watching ATL-NYM too. This is a big game. If the Braves win, they all but lock up the division. If the Mets win, they have a slight advantage.

I’ve watched a good bit of the Braves lately. Recently, they seem like they just know how to win a lot of different ways, kind of like LAD all season. A little magic thing going on there.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

EuroDandy…Yep, the Braves are young too. They should be around for a while. I also think Snitker is a good manager. They lost Freeman and haven’t missed a beat.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

The correct answer to this game thread trivia question #2 is Eddie Mathews. He hit 370 HR’s in the first 10 years of his career in the Big Leagues which was the record until Pujols shattered it in April of 2010. The hint was in reference to Mathews being on the cover of the first ever issue of Sports Illustrated in 1955.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Sheesh…This Morton guy for the Mets looks like he’s been mad at cheeseburgers…

bccran
    Participant

Again, magical day today with all the pregame ceremonies and then Albert and Yadie driving in 3 runs in the 1st inning, followed by Albert’s homer in the 3rd tying Babe Ruth’s RBI record. Then the three of them walking off the field in the 5th to an uproar ovation. Doesn’t get any better than that.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

I guess the Cardinals are going to wait until Molina and Pujols walk into Cooperstown before they retire #’s 4 and 5.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

I was real close with Kiner. He had 369 HRs in his 10 year career.

Viewing 12 posts - 51 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years