2022 Cardinals MLB Game 159 thread – Sunday, October 2 vs. Bucs

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 159 thread – Sunday, October 2 vs. Bucs

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

1:15 p.m.
    RHP Adam Wainwright (11-11, 3.51) vs. RHP Roansy Contreras (5-5, 3.72)
    BSM // WIJR // KMOX
    Also BSSO and BSSW+

The St. Louis Cardinals announced it will hold a special on-field pregame ceremony honoring the legendary careers of future Hall of Famers Albert Pujols and Yadier Molina before the team’s final regular season home game at Busch Stadium on Sunday, October 2.

The pregame ceremony is scheduled to begin at 12:30 PM CT, with Busch Stadium gates opening to ticketed fans at 10:45 AM (2½ hours before the 1:15 PM first pitch). Fans are encouraged to arrive early to ensure they are in their seats before the start of the ceremony.

Fans can watch the ceremony live on Bally Sports Midwest or listen live on KMOX 1120 AM and Cardinals Radio Network affiliates. Pregame coverage will start at 12:00 PM CT on Bally Sports Midwest and 12:10 PM CT on KMOX.

858booyah
    Participant

Free

And for $125 you can have a standing room ticket for all the festivities. lol

I don’t need to watch it. I was at Opening Day. That was good enough for me.

I just hope Waino can go 6 innings.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

$125 for sro, lol. I paid $5 for a sro ticket to see the Cards clinch the division against the Dodgers in 1985 or 1987…. I think it was ’87 but I would have to go look it up to be sure.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

You can’t purchase a decent bottle of olives for under $5 these days. It’s so very sad as I don’t know how some of these families are getting by? But the good thing? If you’re a go getter, there’s great money to be made out there. You don’t have to have knowledge or vast intelligence….though it certainly helps……you only need to be ambitious and you can make big bucks in today’s world.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

It’s looking more and more like Wainwright will be back in 2023. As long as nobody expects anything great from him, and they consider him a #4 or #5 starter, then I am fine with his return.

r/Esteemed Rat

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Pugs…Olives? I filled up my truck about a week ago and paid for the fuel with my bank card. I had no cash in my pocket, but the console of my truck contained a little over three dollars in loose change, so I thought I’d walk on inside to purchase one of my favorite candy bars which happens to be a Baby Ruth. You can probably imagine my enthusiastic anticipation of sinking my choppers into the milk chocolate, peanuts, caramel and nouget as I grabbed one of the prized bars from the shelf and sauntered up to the counter to make my purchase. The nice girl grabbed the Baby Ruth I had laid on the counter and ran it past her scanner. I looked at the register and the total was $3.84! Alas, I had to dig into my pocket to fish out my bank card to pay for my Baby Ruth. It was really good and I still have my $3.21 in loose change…

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Just know that if I had been in that store at the time, I would have loaned you the $4.47(with no interest) to get you your Baby Ruth bar plus an Oh Henry bar, TD.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Sorry 1td, but any time somebody mentions a Baby Ruth, I get a vision of the pool scene in Caddyshack.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

EuroDandy…HAHA!

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Miami plated a couple of runs in the 9th last night and beat Milwaukee 4-3. Phillies up one game on Milwaukee heading into play on Sunday. But, both Philadelphia and San Diego have the tiebreaker over the Brewers. San Diego a 5-2 lead in the 8th late Saturday night against the White Sox.

r/Esteemed Rat

so_cal_cards_fan
    Participant

Free

Olson delivered an RBI single in the fourth and then damaged Scherzer again with a leadoff homer in the sixth. The veteran first baseman entered play Monday hitting .102 with one homer and a .353 OPS over his past 25 games, but he has gone 8-for-16 with four homers during the five games that have followed.

Some might think this is relevant as Goldy has struggled of late, though not this badly. Never count Goldy out for our playoff run.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I wonder if the Pirates will draw a crowd this week with Pujols coming to town to close the season. I can’t imagine my team being 40 games under .500

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I checked stub hub for tickets in Pittsburg last game of season. Plenty to be had. Cheapest $7. Some field boxes $32. Near visitor dugout $50-$150.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

1TD, Snickers is my go to….. and where were you that a candy bar was $4?

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

For those who want to see the-pre-game…

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

They are giving DeJong every opportunity. But it’s intuitively obvious to even the most casual observer that he has played himself out of a job in 2023. The only position he would have with St. Louis in 2023 is backup shortstop. And something tells me that will not happen.

r/Esteemed Rat

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Pujols in the old familiar 3 slot for today. He needs 3 RBI’s to tie Babe Ruth for 2nd place on the all-time career RBI list at 2214 RBI’s. Hopefully he’ll get a chance to do it in StL. today. Man alive, that’s a lot of RBI’s. Most guys dream of reaching the 100 RBI plateau in a single season. Imagine having to average 100 RBI’s a season for 22 straight years…Haha!

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

If the Cardinals are going to include DeJong on the post-season roster I suppose it’s best to man him up at SS from here on out to the close of the regular season in order that his glove doesn’t disappear along with his bat. He misplayed two chances at SS last night, one of which was ruled an E-6.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

There are about 12 million reasons why DeJong will be on the post season roster. Next year’s salary plus the buyouts. But its hopeless. There is no way to get much value out of him either on the Cardinals roster or moving him. But I am OK with him in the lineup today. It may be his last home game starting lineup as a Cardinal, and I feel sure he has given it all he has, it just hasn’t worked.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

As someone who’s going to game 162 in Pittsburgh, I am hopeful to at least see Albert in his final regular season game, if not Yadi.

As for today..I wonder if Goldy would be out there if the Triple Crown was still in reach? And Dejong should be released or traded for anything the Cards can get before the rule 5 decisions need to be made.

Wooster
    Participant

Free

Big score for us last night but I have to admit their pitching just wasn’t very good. Watched it on Gameday and Yepez got 2 meatballs in 3 pitches which he flyed. The 2nd one out. Dejong looking now like he doesn’t believe he’s gonna hit the ball. Might as well have him start bunting in case we need him later in post season if they use him.
    Din-din will be melted cheeseburgers with tomatoes and home fries.Good practice last night but I wouldn’t think too much of it. Did I mention 6 walks given to us too? Go Cardinals!

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Yesterday’s game thread baseball trivia questions had to do with the relatively humdrum, but at times interesting, IBB. So to break up the monotony, todays’ two questions will center around a fan favorite. The almighty HR. I’ll take ’em baked, fried or boiled, but my favorite sort of taters are of the mashed variety.

1. Early in the 2010 season Albert Pujols broke the record for most HR’s in the first 10 years of a career and still holds the record with 408 HR’s in his first 10 seasons in the Big Leagues. Who was the player that held the previous record of 370 HR’s in his first 10 seasons? Hint; Think magazines…

2. The Great Babe Ruth holds the Big League record with a total of 12 league HR titles. Who is the player who places second for season HR titles with 8? Hint; Unlike the Bambino, the correct answer played his entire career with one team…

As always, if you look it up prior to submitting an answer, the baseball gypsies will conjure up an evil spirit to drop spiders into your $15 hot dog…I was going to say they’ll see to it that Paul DeJong is the starting SS for the entire Cardinal post-season, but that would be too harsh.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

1982 willie
    Participant

Watched the ceremony. It was awesome. Wish I could have been there but I wasn’t paying their ticket prices. It was nice seeing pujols hit 701 on Friday live. Maybe he’ll hit one in his final home regular season game. So weird that today isnt the end of the season. Up until a couple of weeks ago, I thought it was. Seems like they have always ended the regular season on a Sunday.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.