2022 Cardinals MLB Game 156 thread – Wednesday, Sept. 28 at Brewers

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 156 thread – Wednesday, Sept. 28 at Brewers

Viewing 20 posts - 51 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

forsche…I had a friend back then who referred to LaPoint as “LaPortly.” Haha!

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Just pretend this one didn’t happen, kinda like I did when I saw the lineup.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Of the 6 pitchers used, Woodford has the lowest ERA but is least used.

DeJong another Ofer, nothing new there. Carlson was Ofer 5. Ouch. Nice to see DeLuzio looking good in the box score.

ZTR
    Participant

Free

Tryouts for the bullpen and the bench.

Last night was a good trial against a playoff quality starter.

Steve60
    Participant

Free

I wish they would bring up Mason Winn, not sure about spelling, and let him have these last 6 games at ss! What could it hurt? Dejong should not be on a playoff roster!! Period! We can use Edman there, Donovan there, and maybe Winn! We as an organization have got to get past Paul Dejong! It is time for this to be over forever!

forsch31
    Participant

Free

What could Winn possibly do worse than DeJong, at this point.

GameCard
    Participant

Free

DeJong is a better defender at SS.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Winn is assigned to the Arizona Fall League.

DeJong is steady but Winn can be spectacular.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

forsch31…That’s a legitimate question. The only answer I can come up with is a concern that the young middle IF’er could possibly experience an ill-timed episode of defensive yips or a mental lapse under the pressure that will certainly exist during a high stakes situation in a post-season game. He couldn’t hardly do any worse in the batter’s box.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

BW…I’m not up to speed on this. So, Winn being assigned to the AZFL means he’s ineligible for the post-season roster? No way, no how? What about feigning some sort of malady? There has to be a way…Haha!

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

What could Winn possibly do worse than DeJong, at this point.

Winn is not as good at making money.

I checked…Dejong has a -5 wRC+ in 78 plate appearances since his initial hot streak ended. That’s almost impossible to accomplish. Most pitchers would probably be better as pinch hitters than Dejong. Corey Dickerson is about as bad lately.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

I almost have to believe that at this point Paul DeJong experiences a genuine sense of relief when he sees that the line-up card does NOT contain his name…

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Oh boy…the Phillies lost to the Cubs yesterday for their 4th consecutive loss. Fans in Philadelphia are busy tying noose knots in lengths of rope. I can’t count how many times I heard them boo Mike Schmidt when he played. Heck, they boo Santa Clause out there…

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

DeJong is steady but Winn can be spectacular.

Lots of guys can be spectacular in The Texas League. DeJong probably was too.

forsch31
    Participant

Free

I’ve can’t recall anyone saying DeJong is a better defender than Winn. He might be a steady defender at a higher level but I don’t think he’s a better overall defender.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

forsch31…I’ve never seen Winn play, so I don’t know how he compares to DeJong defensively. What I do know, is that the game of baseball features two fundamental ingredients that consist of offense and defense. DeJong is entirely devoid of the former.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

I thought Quintana featured another nice turn that bolstered his case for a start in the first round, but I still think the Redbirds chances hinge more on the performance of the big kids with the bats than on who gets the baseball for the starting assignments. If the Cardinals don’t hit, it’ll be an early departure from the play-offs. This edition doesn’t have a stopper type SP’er. The fellas are going to have to slug their way to an early lead and probably hand the baseball to the BP by the 5th or 6th inning.

GameCard
    Participant

Free

This is a mute conversation because Winn is playing in the AFL next week and Dejong is 100% going to be the backup SS. Hopefully, Eddie plays every inning of the play-off there except for as a late-inning defensive replacement.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

GameCard…Marmol may plan on placing Eddie at 2B and the superior arm of DeJong at SS…Haha!

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

I was checking out some old comments on another thread and none other than fellow commenter and baseball friend “Pugsley Addams” predicted way back on March 31st that Pujols would get to HR #700…Haha! He also wrote, “Two very huge intangibles in his corner. Knowing that this is his last hurrah and returning home where 95% of his baseball magic took place.” The guy is a genuine fortune teller!

Viewing 20 posts - 51 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.