2022 Cardinals MLB Game 14 thread – Sunday, April 24 at Reds

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 14 thread – Sunday, April 24 at Reds

Viewing 12 posts - 51 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Wooster
    Participant

Free

Hmmm…Cardinals 7 hits gets 1 run. Cincys 8 hits gets 4 runs. Go figure. Guys that usually hit didn’t today. Guys that don’t did. Will be nice if they all get it going at one time. One of those days I guess.Go Cardinals!

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Peters of Pittsburgh just surrendered his first hit of the year in his 7 2/3 innings of labor. Matter of fact, the Pittsburgh pen is 7-0 this year…..while it’s starters are 0-8. They play in the bottom of the 4th in Wrigley with Pittsburgh doubling up Chicago 4-2. Now a Pittsburgh twin killing will send this game to the 5th.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Pretty pathetic outing all the way around today. Their starter was probably the weakest guy we have faced this year and we basically did nothing. I’m not sold on all this constantly changing the lineup either. I don’t mind guys getting days off and other guys playing but moving guys here there and everywhere isn’t getting it done. The one move they could do that might be good,moving goldy to third in the order they never do. Waino pretty much was horrible. But we took 2 out of 3, just seems a easter when the loss is the last game.

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I meant worse instead of a easter, big finger issues on my phone

Onyxgem
    Participant

Free

Ugh how did we lost to one of the worst teams in baseball with our Ace on the mound how pathetic….

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Homerless series for our boys in Cincy’s hitter friendly park. We did manage 5 doubles in 3 games but there was a noticeable power outage.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

All of baseball is struggling offensively, JJ. The MLB ba coming into today was .231. It’s been unusually cold and windy in many locations. They will start heating up soon here.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

We hit 13 HR’s the first 11 games, then go o-fer 3 games, was my point, especially AT Cincy. Just a power glitch.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Disappointing outcome, but not unexpected in this humble poster’s opinion. I thought the Reds would grab one of these games in this series and snap their losing skid.

Waino was not sharp and we really don’t have anyone hitting now that Arenado has tailed off. Nolan looks bad right now – swinging at pitches that are not strikes leaving the pitcher’s hand, and not jumping on good pitches.

Albert had a nice start but looks like the “old” Albert, as in age, not Cardinal era. Hoping we can get two of these Mets games. That is a good Gotham club we will be facing.

Good things are in store though. Remember your history. Roger had zero home runs going in to the games of May 1st of 1961. So we can say that Goldy still has a shot at hitting 60, or maybe 61 long balls.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

You’re close there, BikeMike. Maris hit his first wanger on April 26th that year. And thanks for adding this because I didn’t realize he was off to such a slow start. Ending up with 61 at seasons end meant he must have went on a tear May thru September/early October.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The takeaway from this series was the good start by Hudson, and Matz able to get it done in his start. Added on top of the good start by Mikolas vs the Fish it is encouraging. I think we will continue to see Wainwright have good outings and bad, but that is what it is.

BlackHillsCard
    Participant

Free

Not a single home run by either team this entire series. Anyone else think MLB switched balls again and didn’t tell anyone?

Viewing 12 posts - 51 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years