2022 Cardinals MLB Game 14 thread – Sunday, April 24 at Reds

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 14 thread – Sunday, April 24 at Reds

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

12:40 p.m.
    RHP Adam Wainwright (2-1, 2.81) vs. LHP Nick Lodolo (0-2, 8.00)
    BSM // KMOX
    Also BSSO and BSSW+

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Pujols will be in the lineup tomorrow. And so far through the first two games in this bandbox nobody has wangered one. I am expecting at least one, if not 2-3, wangers tomorrow. It’s about time for Goldschmidt to get off the proverbial wanger schneid.

r/Esteemed Rat

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

With Waino going and the Cards facing a lefty, you have to like our chances in this one. Hopefully the pitching stays solid and the offense can take advantage of the lefty matchup. I like the Cards 6-2 in this one.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Oh wow stlcard25, I spent nearly two hours burning the midnight oil last night, dissecting today’s game and your 6-2 Cards score is the exact score I came up with. After a sparkling opening day performance, Tyler O’Neill’s bat has almost gone into hibernation. You have to believe that today he gets off the proverbial schneid and jacks a long one.

I can’t wait to read how Scotty’s din-din went last night at Herman’s in beautiful NW Arkansas. Before I go to that big diamond in the sky one sad day, there are two places that I MUST have din-din at. Herman’s and Rat’s Amish restaurant in Larry Bird’s stomping grounds of French Lick, Indiana. Just the thought of sitting at that Amish buffet, having Rat and his “comfort animal” WhiteyHerDog, on one side and Larry passing me the mustard on the other side, is enough to send a riveting shiver right on down the spine.

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Edman 2B
    Goldy 1B
    O’Neill LF
    Arenado 3B
    Pujols DH
    Carlson RF
    Sosa SS
    Molina C
    Bader CF

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

I have Madame CiF’s electric broom leaning against my desk in preparation for today’s sweeping in Cincinnati, though she fails to see what pleasure I could possibly derive from beating up on the likes of the reeling Redlegs. I try to explain, to no avail. Women, huh?

On the din-din front, nothing extraordinary is in the works, just a Sunday roast beef and Yorkshire pudding like Mom used to make back in Texas, garnished with carrots and potatoes, and some salad for a dash of vitamins. Lady CiF is also permitting me an apple crisp in honor of France’s presidential election today.

sjeff70
    Participant

Free

A lot of pressure on Sosa today. If he doesn’t go 4-4 he will sit on the bench tomorrow.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

“A lot of pressure on Sosa today. If he doesn’t go 4-4 he will sit on the bench tomorrow.”

Isn’t this the truth. The scuffling veteran gets endless chances and the young player with promise gets one. Kind of makes one think that the order comes from above. It has been like this through 4 Managers now. This was how larrusa did it and so it carries on. Veteran loyalty carried to the extreme. Carpenter, Dejong, and one of our outfielders.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Kind of makes one think that the order comes from above.

As to PDJ, there are 18 million reasons why that is so. At least its a few million less reasons than this time last year.

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I believe the previous managers’ deference to veterans is at least as much to blame for the nonproductive players maintaining their daily lineup slot as the front office. It’s my hope that we will see a fairer distribution of playing time going forward.

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

“As to PDJ, there are 18 million reasons why that is so. At least its a few million less reasons than this time last year”

That has a lot to do with it. Thing is you are paying Paulie and Sosa no matter what. Contracts are signed. Now put the best product available on the field. That should be the Marmol’s job. Not mo’s.

bicyclemike

Paid - Annual

Hudson with a good performance yesterday, although the 4 BBs were a concern. A club other than Cincinnati might have made him pay for that.

Man, this Reds team is about as bad as any we have seen in recent years. The D-Backs and Orioles are playing much better this year, and they were abysmal last year. But maybe the Little Red Wagon can pull together and get something going when the weather warms up.

Our club has high expectations, and so far have been what we would expect. But we have not played anyone who is would be considered a post season contender other than Milwaukee, where we split. Not a lot of clubs are looking good though. Other than us, only the Dodgers, Giants and Mets seem to be impressive in the early going.

It’s a long season though, and a lot can change.

What are the odds of Flaherty and Reyes throwing a pitching in a game this year? I put Reyes at 1000 to 1, Flaherty at 5 to 1; against of course. That puts the odds of both of them throw a pitch in a game in 2022 and 5000 to 1.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Sooner or later the Reds are going to wake up. Hopefully it will be later. I am going to call this one 7-1 Redbirds with Goldschmidt getting off the wanger schneid.

And din-din today is a repeat of yesterday. A couple of chicken thighs in the air fryer, some beef and noodles, and a bowl of chocolate ice cream. Then me and Whitey Herdog will be on the couch with a couple of cigars during this one.

r/Esteemed Rat

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I can’t wait to read how Scotty’s din-din went last night at Herman’s in beautiful NW Arkansas. Before I go to that big diamond in the sky one sad day, there are two places that I MUST have din-din at Herman’s

The dinner was fabulous last night. My filet was cooked perfectly and the coleslaw was divine. Instead of potatoes I opted for the homemade mac and cheese, which was delicious. We then went to the frozen custard place where the vanilla and butterfinger concrete hit the spot. It was not a low calorie evening but was very enjoyable.

If you ever come to Hermans you might see a celebrity or two. A lot of coaches and players visit the place. I have seen John Daly, Barry Switzer, and John Calipari in there. Garth Brooks had a concert here last night. I wouldn’t be surprised if he got some Herman’s to go.

Today I am keeping things tame with a bean burrito and pretzels and diet mountain dew.

I think both offenses wake up today. Great American Ballpark is due for an offensive barrage. I will say 7-4 Cards.

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

PDJ’s $6 million salary this year shouldn’t be too sizable to force his way into the lineup, nor should his $9 million salary next year. It’s not like paying Carpenter $18 million per year, at all.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I suppose one should never feel sorry for your divisional rivals but I must say it is rather sad to see what has become of the Reds and Pirates. As someone who grew up in the 70’s and 80’s I can remember those were teams you did not want to tangle with. They both had thunderous lineups who could hang 10 runs on you in a heartbeat.

When you think of guys like Stargell, Parker, Madlock, Robinson, Garner, Milner, Moreno, Blyleven, Candelaria, and Tekulve with the Pirates and the Reds had Rose, Bench, Griffey, Morgan, Foster, Concepcion, Perez, Seaver, and Soto.

Look at those franchises now. They are a shell of themselves. I must say, however, that I will never feel bad for the Cubs.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

I like this lineup. Let’s see some offense.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I hate when my two teams are playing simultaneously. Thus far, just a few minutes prior to the half, my world champion Milwaukee Bucks hold a 10 point advantage over Chicago’s Bulls. Here in the Queen City, Waino has packed the bases full of Cincinnati Reds with just one out in a scoreless 1st. Let’s stay with the action shall we?

Moran flies out deep to Bader in center, as runners from 2nd & 3rd each move up 90 ft. Cincy leads 1-0.

Senzel whacks a single to right and that will plate another Red……and they nail Senzel trying to scamper on back to 1st….play should go 9-5-3.

Reds 2
    Cards 0

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Don’t ask me why, but I get the feeling that Carlson’s eyesight is just a tick off. Brian needs to toss a few words the Cardinals’ way about having his eyes rechecked.

LACardFan
    Participant

Free

Cardinals down 2-0 after 1

Dinner today will be a Huaraches, which is carne asada, queso fresco, cilantro, onion & avocado on fried masa dough. Seasoned with squeezed lime and green salsa.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I enjoy seeing Yadi, Albert and Wainwright in Cardinal Unis all out there together. Hope they all have a good game. Its a good lineup vs a lefty.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

A walk and a hit puts Reds on the corners here in the 2nd with no outs. Waino has to this point, not brought his “A” game with him today…..more like his “D-” game. Looks like LACardFan has brought his “A” din-din game to the table though……sweet.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Redlegs plate one 2nd inning tally…..it could have been much worse. 3-0 Bad Guys

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

That first pitch to Yadi was high!

Yadi is right on these Lololol offerings, but still K’s swinging. Watch Yadi’s next at bat vs Lodolol, as it should be a good one.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Tommy’s rocket to right is caught and they nearly doubled Bader(base hit) off 1st.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 62 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.