2022 Cardinals MLB Game 12 thread – Friday, April 22 at Reds

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 12 thread – Friday, April 22 at Reds

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

5:40 p.m.
    LHP Steven Matz (1-1, 7.27) vs. RHP Hunter Greene (1-1, 4.35)
    Apple+ TV // KMOX
    (yes this is Apple TV ONLY)

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

The Reds have lost 9 games in a row. It always worries me to go into the home field of a team that is in a situation like this. Always afraid they will turn it around at our expense and sweep us.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

You’re exactly right, Rat. I’ll be as happy as a lark just getting out of The Queen City with two wins under our belts. A 7-3 road trip would be a nice way to start the ’22 campaign.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I wonder if Bell’s job is in jeopardy in the Queen City?

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I don’t know what apple+ tv is and do not want to know. I’ll check the box score. This evening should be perfect for old fashioned charcoal grilling. I’m thinking steak and a Bud.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I do have apple tv but I am not a fan of using it for baseball because the reception isn’t as good as my cable channels. Oh well.

That steak sounds good bling. Friday night is pizza night at my house. I will be going with my favorite organic cheese pizza washed down by a large diet mountain dew and a small chocolate brownie for dessert.

gscottar
    Participant

Paid - Annual

The back end of our bullpen has been pretty stout so far. I hope I can continue to eat crow with Helsley. He has been lights out so far, as has Whitley and Gallegos. The three of them combined have an ERA of 0.00 in 12. 2 innings. Pallante has been stingy too.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Gus, Buddy and David are institutions in the Queen City and the great State of Ohio, Rat. No Bells in these area codes will be rung up and pink skipped until they’re really to go. It’s been awhile since the next Bell has come down the ML pike……wonder what’s up with that?

Looks like both Bling and Scotty are stepping up to the plate with some most appealing Friday night din-dins. I haven’t decided on my din-din yet, but I’m thinking pretty heavily of plagiarizing Scotty’s……or Bling’s.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

I got out of the grocery store with about $25 left in my weekly allowance to myself. So, that means din-din today will be a trip to the other Amish restaurant, Lakeview, north of town that sits on the lake. And since it’s Friday that means Catfish Fiddlers on the buffet! Along with mashed potatoes, gravy, noodles, green beans, and a bowl of vanilla soft serve ice cream. I just hope Emily, the hot Amish waitress, will be working today..:)

No game to watch tonight because of that stupid Apple stuff.

r/Esteemed Rat

MP415d
    Participant

Free

Packy up. VerHagen to IL

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

All I’ve got to say is some of those wet noodle bats in the lineup need to shape up soon. Arenado and Edman can’t haul the freight all by themselves. I don’t know what this Apple thing is but it appears to be a nuisance. I’ll wait for the weekend day games on MLB-TV.

Wifey and I just enjoyed some Friday night tacos and refried beans. Can’t get pinto beans here, so I had to make my refritos with ordinary ol’ red kidney beans. Wasn’t bad. Once again no desert, but perhaps I’ll sneak a Magnum double chocolate bar later when nobody’s lookin”.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

GScott, diet my dew is my go to also, open a 2L and it’s gone that day.

We have Apple TV in our living room and Roku in my man cave/office and our bedroom. I definitely prefer Roku. In having the Apple TV, I’m not sure if I get it or have to subscribe to something else….

1982 willie
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I think the apple + thing is free for the games for a while. Im not a fan of it so I’m not watching it either. Either give us a dedicated app for the games or leave them on Bally’s.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

1. Dylan Carlson (S) RF
    2. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    3. Tyler O’Neill (R) LF
    4. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    5. Corey Dickerson (L) DH
    6. Tommy Edman (S) 2B
    7. Lars Nootbaar (L) CF
    8. Edmundo Sosa (R) SS
    9. Andrew Knizner (R) C

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

Last night we had a bullpen start/game (if you will) and tonight its a bench game. Major changes.

Carlson
    Goldy
    O’Neill
    Arenado
    Dickerson DH
    Edman
    Nootbaar *CF*
    Sosa SS
    Knizner C

jj-cf-stl
    Participant

I typed too slow!

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

So Nooty is in CF. Excellent. Hopefully they slapped the paddles on Dickerson and gave him a jolt.

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

I thought Hicks looked pretty solid last night, if he can double the pitches and innings in a month or two that would be a huge boost to the rotation.
    Something mentioned during the broadcast is that it could help him control his diabetes/insulin. I hadn’t thought of that, but in knowing people in my past, that makes a ton of sense.

CariocaCardinal
    Participant

Paid - Monthly

Are Sosa é Kninzer really bench guys at this point?

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

Error on Pham, Carlson around to score! 1-0 good guys

CardsFanInChiTown
    Participant

Free

Maybe because it’s new, but don’t like the Apple TV setup, and definitely not whoever is announcing it…

wade
    Participant

Free

Is it just my connection to Apple TV or is anyone else hearing the connection to the ball about a second before the batter starts their swing?

kscardfan
    Participant

Free

No sound on Apple for me. At least can see it.

Hammerfist
    Participant

Free

What’s with this decision to broadcast on Apple? Is this an MLB thing or a Cards thing or what?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years