2022 Cardinals MLB Game 117 thread – Thursday, August 18 vs. Rockies

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 117 thread – Thursday, August 18 vs. Rockies

Viewing 5 posts - 51 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Maybe he will start getting IBBs. Ollie better have a hitter behind him.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

BW…Yeah, me too. He was without question the most feared hitter in the entire Big Leagues in his first stint with the Cardinals even when he was sitting in the dugout. Opposing managers formulated almost all of their strategic and tacticl decisions around his place in the sequential order of hitters. They were undoubtedly taking into account 2 or 3 innings ahead to when the order turned over to Albert’s slot. With that intense and focused scowl that he featured in the batter’s box, he was as menacing looking of a hitter that I’ve ever witnessed. He looked not at all unlike Godzilla when he stood in there ready to uncoil.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Bling…Regarding IBB’s, probably the most amazing baseball statistical numbers category that I’ve ever seen for a player is Bond’s ’04 season in which he collected 232 BB’s of which 120 were of the IBB variety. That number of IBB’s in a single season is outright silly. We all know why he put up the numbers that he did, but it’s a shame because he was such a talented player before he ever made the inane decision to break the rules. He was without question the best left handed hitter I’ve ever seen. I’ll always maintain that Pujols was the best from the right side.

PugsleyAddams
    Participant

Paid - Annual

TCOB was meant to signify “take care of business”.

Yeah I was perplexed like Forschster with your TCOB, TD. I thought for sure you were talking about the great Ty Cobb. It’s always nice to totally thrash an opponent 13-0, especially when it’s the last game of the year against them, where they cannot gain any revenge. Milwaukee is in serious trouble. Not only of not winning the division, but getting into the playoffs. Though Vegas odds probably give the Crew about a 50% chance of seeing playoff action, I would give them about an 8% chance.

*** And let’s make this simple. One Tough Dominican or One Extremely Tough Dominican, shall hereby be referred to as “TD”. I’ve seen “1TD”, “OneTD”, “1ETD”, “One Tough Dominican” and a few others. From this day forth, “TD” should be how our new friend is addressed. Thank you very much.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Pugs…Yeah, I also feel Milwaukee’s in trouble, but I have to concede that they somehow managed to salvage a reasonably good split with a very good Dodger team this week to indicate that they still have a pulse when they looked to be ready to capsize. I was sure hoping they would, but best I could tell, all 4 games were competitive and I was a bit disappointed to see them win 2. Oh well, maybe the Cubbies can upend them. That would really put them into a tailspin. We’ll see what happens.

Viewing 5 posts - 51 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

First-hand news and commentary on the St. Louis Cardinals™ and minor league system for over 20 years