2022 Cardinals MLB Game 117 thread – Thursday, August 18 vs. Rockies

Home The Cardinal Nation Forums Open Forum 2022 Cardinals MLB Game 117 thread – Thursday, August 18 vs. Rockies

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

12:15 p.m.
    TBA vs. RHP Antonio Senzatela (3-6, 4.67)
    BSM // KMOX // WIJR
    Also BSSO and BSSW+

Update: With the Cardinals skipping Hudson’s turn this time through the rotation. That would seem to set up Jordan Montgomery for Wednesday and Adam Wainwright for Thursday afternoon.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Hoping for a sweep here. I wonder if DeJong will be in the lineup for this one. His struggles seem to have returned. I still say he is playing the rest of this year for his job in 2023. Stay tuned.

Din-din today will be a center cut rib chop in the air fryer, a couple of ears of sweet corn, a piece of white cake and some homemade ice cream. I am going to mow a little earlier today so I can eat and catch the start of the game. Me and Whitey Herdog will be on the couch for this one, along with a 7×50 Palma Real cigar.

r/Esteemed Rat

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

1. Lars Nootbaar (L) RF
    2. Brendan Donovan (L) DH
    3. Paul Goldschmidt (R) 1B
    4. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
    5. Nolan Gorman (L) 2B
    6. Tyler O’Neill (R) LF
    7. Dylan Carlson (S) CF
    8. Yadier Molina (R) C
    9. Tommy Edman (S) SS

Mrperkins
    Participant

Paid - Annual

Let me be the first (and likely ONLY) person to say I have no issues with this lineup, particularly if Nooty lays down a bunt first at bat.

blingboy
    Participant

Paid - Annual

There’s our boy back at short.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Big League baseball under the sweet sunshine today. I’m sure you guys remember when there used to be quite a few work week day games that were promoted as businessman’s specials and ladies day. First pitch would always be around noon. You could get a box seat for less than around 3 or 4 bucks for these promos. I was almost always a general admission guy in those days. I’d pay my two bucks and then surrepticiously work my way down to the field level boxes after the 3rd or 4th inning when I’d be reasonably certain the seat that I’d targeted was a no-show. Shameful I know, but I wasn’t a bit bashful in those days. If I had to move, I’d simply play dumb (which wasn’t at all difficult) and move on to better view of the action…In any event, I really like day games.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Best I can tell, Donovan primarily manned up at 3B during his stints in the minor leagues, but played quite a bit in the OF in college. I have no idea where he’s best suited with the glove, but at a current OBP of .399 I’d sure like to see him shoe horned into line-up. He reaches base like a starving man reaches for a hot dog.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Looks like a skinny gate on here for the Thurs. day game. I guess everyone’s busy toiling away in the salt mines.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Yeah, it’s a crying shame Donovan ain’t a catcher.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

CardFrance…Haha! You ain’t kiddin’…Where are you situated in La Rebublique?

Oliver
    Participant

Free

I hope the DeJong era comes to an end sooner than later.

Tscurlo
    Participant

Free

It was nice to watch the Cards win last night…. then switch over to Fox Sports 1 and watch the Brewers lose.

Made for a good night of sleep last night. 🙂

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Hopefully Wainwright features another nice turn and the Redbirds can end this 3 game series by placing Colo. under a rug. I’m a little bit concerned with heading out to AZ. Those 3 games have the potential to be a trap series.

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Nootbaar and Donovan started it off again with singles. O’Neill even gets in the act and it is 3-0 already.

Ratsbuddy
    Participant

Free

Two more runs in the 2nd and it’s now 5-0 Redbirds.

Rockies pitcher Senzatela is removed from the game on a play at 1stbase similar to what happened to Matz the other day. Gomber now in. Goldy another double and rbi. Arenado lines out to right.

r/Esteemed Rat

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Hey, I was running a little late, just finished a din-din of melon, grilled salmon and creamed peas and rushed to the computer only to discover it’s already 5-0!

Oh well, who’s to complain about that.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

OneTough: Southwest. Foot of the Pyrenees. About 20 miles from Tarbes.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

The great Pujols has turned back time! GS!

stlcard25
    Participant

Paid - Annual

I’m a big fan of the Cards scoring over 3 runs per inning.

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

CardFrance…Oh, okay. I once lived at #9 Kelterstrasse in a real small town called Steinbach am Glan which is situated about an hours drive from the Germany/France frontier. My neighbor and I used to make the drive a couple of times a month. She had a favorite place to grocery shop which was located about half way between Saarbrucken and Metz. At any rate, I often times miss it. Nice and peaceful where I lived unless a C-130 climbing after taking off from Ramstein happened to be vectored over my little abode…

GO REDBIRDS!

Brian Walton
    Keymaster

Paid - Annual

Even the kicking game is working with a field goal and an extra point.

Euro Dandy
    Participant

Free

Just remembered it’s an afternoon game. Always nice to have a laugher. I guess they’re returning the favor for the Mikolas start in CO.

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

And the Nooter piles on!

Cardinal in France
    Participant

Free

Man ya just gotta love these kids!

1toughdominican
    Participant

Free

Nice to have one of these type games. Seems like it’s been a while

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.